Cardo or Sena?

GNBRETT

Registered
can someone plz tell me the pro's and cons of either and which unit is best for MP3 playing as far as user friendliness and speaker loudness. lookn to buy one for this years riding season.

From what I've found, they're all pretty good. I looked through Web Bike World and read their reviews and chose the Interphone F5.
Now Interphone has a modification to the F5, it can pair up to Sena and Cardo units.

webBikeWorld

My Father and I both got the Interphone F5's 2 years ago and they have worked out awesome. They look good, the buttons are large enough so you know what you are pushing when you have gloves on, they Bluetooth sync to our phones to get calls-gps-music etc... and the Sound Quality is great!!

The voice commands to call people works through your phone, so if you don't have Siri or something similar you have to speak a bit like a robot when you say peoples names to call them.

The only Issue I had was with the plug to charge it/connect it to the speakers. its a little hard to (Pardon me) find the hole. but nothing that is a deal breaker.

I own two of the Cardo Scala Riders, the Q2 Pro and the Q2. I am extremely happy with both models, especially the battery life. Last year a buddy of mine and I road our bikes from Kansas City to Eureka Springs AR and back on one charge and we were chatting it up the whole time. The speaker volume is great as long as you have them placed properly, it took me a few tries each time I placed them into a new helmet to align them just right but once I did their golden. The only complaint I have about both units is I find the microphone to be a bit bulky especially with the wind noise muffler on it. Also I am always having to readjust it, would be nice if their was a way to mount it in place permanently in the front of the helmet.

I, and 4 friends all have the Sena units. Bulletproof. Zero issues with streaming, water resistance, etc... I can't even tell you how good they are at firmware updated, etc either.

Fantastic units for the money. I use the SMH10 with an earbud base because I ride with earbuds anyway, but all my other buddies use the stock speakers and nobody complains.

Great battery life, everything, I can't recommend them enough..

+3 Sena SMH10 - stream music, take/make phone calls, pair with others for private conversation, and a battery life that is just unbelievable! Just got back from a 4000+ mile bike trip and swear by them....

looks like its the SMH10 then. thanx guys.... like the F5 tho too. does the SMH10 have an FM radio built in? really like the handlebar function of the F5. does any other vendor offer that?

looks like its the SMH10 then. thanx guys.... like the F5 tho too. does the SMH10 have an FM radio built in? really like the handlebar function of the F5. does any other vendor offer that?

Hey Brett Cardos are disposable . . . you have to buy one every year because they crap out. I was a dealer for them and used one myself (actually three) for almost three years. The first one failed and had to be replaced under warranty. The second fell apart and failed in under a year and even though I was hard on it the quality really wasn't there. I didn't try to warranty, I just bought another one. That one crapped out in about two weeks of use and that one I tried to return. They wanted to replace it and wouldn't just take it back and refund my money - which is what I wanted. I had to push harder than necessary to get my way, which is not right to do - especially to one of your dealers. I let them know I was switching teams and went with Sena, which is what I now use.

IMO Sena is better quality- more durable, good sound, and great customer service. I've been with them a few years and they stand behind their product and send you firmware updates when they happen. I only use mine for my iPhone, others can chime in about the quality with the music or intercom. There is no radio just mp3 capability. And their new model - the 20S - will be out before the end of the month. That one looks nice and has more range.

Anything BUT Cardo! :laugh:

sena20Sbluetooth.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I've owned nothing but Cardos. Have a G4 and G9 powersets. Use them for everything from trackdays, touring, off road with the family without any issues. Nothing bad to say about them.

There is no radio just mp3 capability. And their new model - the 20S - will be out before the end of the month. That one looks nice and has more range.

You can get Pandora and link to your iPhone,,,plenty of music which you get to choose.

hmmm ok good to know. steer clear from Cardo. although I really do like the handlebar featured mount from the Interphone F5 so u can keep ur hands on the bike when switchn songs or answering the phone but maybe its a solution to a problem that really doesn't exist. IDN cause I've never owned one of these so I'm not sure how much of a benefit that wud be.

I'm really most concerned with how loud and clear the speakers are and since Sena offers an upgrade to the speakers that might be the route I go. I certainly wud not want to sacrifice sound quality for handlebar convenience. the reviews I've read for the F5 say that the volume just doesn't go loud enough and the battery doesn't last long wen listening to ur iPhone.

and the fact that Revzilla discontinued it doesn't giv me a warm and fuzzy feeln either. Frank are u a dealer for Sena?

Interphone F5 Handlebar Remote - RevZilla

Hey Brett Cardos are disposable . . . you have to buy one every year because they crap out. I was a dealer for them and used one myself (actually three) for almost three years. The first one failed and had to be replaced under warranty. The second fell apart and failed in under a year and even though I was hard on it the quality really wasn't there. I didn't try to warranty, I just bought another one. That one crapped out in about two weeks of use and that one I tried to return. They wanted to replace it and wouldn't just take it back and refund my money - which is what I wanted. I had to push harder than necessary to get my way, which is not right to do - especially to one of your dealers. I let them know I was switching teams and went with Sena, which is what I now use.

IMO Sena is better quality- more durable, good sound, and great customer service. I've been with them a few years and they stand behind their product and send you firmware updates when they happen. I only use mine for my iPhone, others can chime in about the quality with the music or intercom. There is no radio just mp3 capability. And their new model - the 20S - will be out before the end of the month. That one looks nice and has more range.

Anything BUT Cardo! :laugh:

thats a thought too Pandora but unless you subscribe to it ill have to listen to commercials every other song and that gets lame but I guess u hav to listen to commercials with the radio too so.

There is no radio just mp3 capability. And their new model - the 20S - will be out before the end of the month. That one looks nice and has more range.

You can get Pandora and link to your iPhone,,,plenty of music which you get to choose.

Back