Sena 50s

Blkoutbusa

Registered
I currently have a Sena 20s Evo. Battery apparently sat dead over the winter and now won't hold a charge for very long. Debating swapping in an aftermarket battery OR just upgrading to a 50s. New tech, better battery life, and upgraded speakers.

Anyone have any experience with the new Sena 50 series stuff? Debated switching to cardo but a group I ride with (1x a year) all have Sena so worried about connecting to them. BUT, and a big but.... cardo is apparently the clear winner when it comes to 2020 tech as it relates to helmet intercom and whatnot.

The Cardo Packtalk Bold series is awesome and the SENA 50 is a catchup to the competition. I haven't tried the SENA 50 but I think I might. The Carbo is waterproof, and the voice commands work flawlessly in the Cardo. The Cardo is also louder than my SENA 30 and has better sound quality. In short, the Cardo was superior to the SENA offerings, maybe it still is. Still I'm curious, so I might try one.

I have used the mesh to connect to other riders and this works pretty well. If you don't know, the mesh network is a mini wireless network between the riders rather than a Bluetooth connection to each rider. The results are much better range and it's pretty stable, at least with the group I was riding with (they were all on SENA 30's). If your group does not have access to the mesh network, the Cardo will have limited connection ability with BT.

Looks like the SENA 50 has the next generation tech in mesh networks. It's all pretty complicated but if your buddies are linking with BT this won't improve things. Either way you will be pleased with the step up from the trusty SENA 20 EVO.

If the Sena has caught up, I'd prefer to stay on brand due to others having same.

If the Sena is still lagging behind, I don't mind making the switch to Cardo. Only downside is they all have older models without the mesh network.

I have 20S and I'm not sure I would buy another sena. 1. They are not waterproof. Dumb design decision. 2. They are pretty complicated and are not really user friendly. I can't tell you how many times a group of pretty smart people have been standing in the parking lot, tapping their sena and pointing at each other. 3. I have heard a lot of reviews of the 50 and their seems to be a lot of issues with them. 4 unless everyone has a 20or higher, you're limited to 4 at a time.

I have 20S and I'm not sure I would buy another sena. 1. They are not waterproof. Dumb design decision. 2. They are pretty complicated and are not really user friendly. I can't tell you how many times a group of pretty smart people have been standing in the parking lot, tapping their sena and pointing at each other. 3. I have heard a lot of reviews of the 50 and their seems to be a lot of issues with them. 4 unless everyone has a 20or higher, you're limited to 4 at a time.
The waterproof is why I love my sena smh10r... slim profile and water proof and that's me testing it in sine series rain and I find only being able to connect to 4 people a big plus. Although on the last ride we did a week or so ago I was linked with a 50 and some how got added into the mesh thru it and had 8 or 10 people linked.

Back