carbon fiber wheels

I have been using the BST rims for a couple years and I consider it one of the best purchases I have ever made due to the improvement it made in almost every category of performance for my 08 busa.

My dealer installed and does all my tire changes, and while it is nerve racking for the mechanic, I have never had any issues with damage and the BST never need tire weights for balance.

My question is for the people that post about carbon fiber problems with high HP bikes and pot holes...... Are these facts or just a guess? I haven't done any research but I would think that since the BST rims are for drag racing and stronger than steel, that high HP bikes wouldn't be an issue. I have hit pot holes while riding the roads in 4 states and they still balance perfectly.

I have been using the BST rims for a couple years and I consider it one of the best purchases I have ever made due to the improvement it made in almost every category of performance for my 08 busa.

My dealer installed and does all my tire changes, and while it is nerve racking for the mechanic, I have never had any issues with damage and the BST never need tire weights for balance.

My question is for the people that post about carbon fiber problems with high HP bikes and pot holes...... Are these facts or just a guess? I haven't done any research but I would think that since the BST rims are for drag racing and stronger than steel, that high HP bikes wouldn't be an issue. I have hit pot holes while riding the roads in 4 states and they still balance perfectly.

I can't answer the pothole strength question, but tire balance doesn't so much come from the wheel, it's from the tire.
Every tire is different, some balance perfectly with no weights, while most however need them.
I've balanced alot of bike tires on a static balancer(and many car/truck tires on machines), the majority always need some weight. Every once and a while they don't.
To those who never balance their bike tires, they likely see little if any triple digit speeds. As that is where an out of balance tire will make itself know very quickly.:beerchug:

For those that bought a busa and don't see triple digit speeds, my question is "WTF" buy a rocket when a minibike will do. :laugh:
As for balance, I guess I have been lucky because every set of Pure's have balance perfectly, I watch the tire change and I regularly see the speedo stop reading with no problems.

I can't answer the pothole strength question, but tire balance doesn't so much come from the wheel, it's from the tire.
Every tire is different, some balance perfectly with no weights, while most however need them.
I've balanced alot of bike tires on a static balancer(and many car/truck tires on machines), the majority always need some weight. Every once and a while they don't.
To those who never balance their bike tires, they likely see little if any triple digit speeds. As that is where an out of balance tire will make itself know very quickly.:beerchug:

i realised that Dunlop's have a little yellow dot on the tire, so remove all the weights, mount the tyre with the yellow dot in line same side as valve.

guess what ... it wont need balancing as the tire is balanced at the factory
:laugh:

:stupid:
i realised that Dunlop's have a little yellow dot on the tire, so remove all the weights, mount the tyre with the yellow dot in line same side as valve.

guess what ... it wont need balancing as the tire is balanced at the factory
:laugh:

Thanks for posting weights (p. 2), pan. I will file those pics away for the day when I can afford a set for my GII.

:thumbsup:

Back