carbon fiber wheels

keff

Registered
hi guys,just took delivery of my 5 spoke BST carbon fiber wheels:laugh:absolutly stunning ,cost a fortune but money well spent ,just wondered if anyone has them fitted already ,if so are they as easy to fit as the brochure says.
cheers , regards keff

:thumbsup:
Jealous I am! They should be, my only concern would be with having tires mounted by some ape.

Let's see those babies!

awesome wheels, you will find improvement all round, as abovee my worries are the apes that might trash the rims during mounting :please:

If you have a high HP bike or live in the land of pot holes be warned :whistle:

Do you have the new and improved wheel ?

I would never ever let any mount a tire on My Dymag Carbon Magnesium wheel, thats why i got a No Mar tire machine!

:drool:

I would love to hear a good review on those - specifics on performance. Congrats, always wanted those but just can't swing that sort of dough. You da Man!

Oh yeah pictures. Before and after too please.

"you just might want to take those to the Stealership and have them mounted, they have insurance."

Great option if it is available AND if you trust the dealership AND if it is not a hassle to prove something was damaged on yur wheels.

I asked if my steeler could guarantee that my CZ rims would not be scratched and the guy flat out told me NO. "It's done by a machine.".........that is opperated by an ape, I guess.

thanks for the replies,ive already asked the boss of ducati glasgow to fit tyres and he's happy to do so ,seeing they fit them to the desmosedicci i think i can trust them, oh and i will post some pics shortly.

hi, the pothole thing was one of my main worries until i watched a guy on you tube bouncing a BST rim off the floor like a golf ball,honestly just type in BST carbon fiber wheels on you tube and watch it ,you will be amazed ,of course i'll not be doing that with mine !!!!

hi, the pothole thing was one of my main worries until i watched a guy on you tube bouncing a BST rim off the floor like a golf ball,honestly just type in BST carbon fiber wheels on you tube and watch it ,you will be amazed ,of course i'll not be doing that with mine !!!!

Yeah, saw that vid last year. LOL crazy! bouncing 3K$ like a beach ball FCOL!!

My stealer sells/services BMW...that is not quite as classy as a Ducati Desmo, maybe but point is, that is the stealer that told me there was no guarantees.

If I were you, I would be very confident of the tire shop. Other wise, get a tire changer and practice on your OEM rims. I got a tire holder/bead breaker off Ebay for $80. Changed my own tire on the OEM rim with tire irons. Next will have a go at the Carros.

BTW Do me a HUGE favor PLEASSSE!!!!! WEIGH THOSE BSTs FOR US. Weigh without sprocket/rotors if not too much of a pain in your arse, PLEASE!! I would love to see exactly how my Tri Rs compare. I know you got me beat by a lot but still......thinking I might go with BSTs some day.

thanks man be assured i'll be checking before anyone puts a hand on them that they are up to the job,and i will weigh both wheels seperately and get back to you soon as,and its not a problem cause they are still in their boxes lol, oh and the sprocket carrier/cush drive is a work of art in itself .

Back