Caps June Hallett thread

WOW that is high res, and a high res upload to youtube on top of it!

Here, let me help you w/that :)

Lastly, are you resting your left elbow on your left knee? Is that to set you on the bike and hold you on it when you lean off? I've never noticed that before....and I also notice your tail is completely off the seat..i surmise that such a position helps weld you to the bike...

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW that is high res, and a high res upload to youtube on top of it!

Here, let me help you w/that :)

Lastly, are you resting your left elbow on your left knee? Is that to set you on the bike and hold you on it when you lean off? I've never noticed that before....

I guess, never really noticed or tried to do it. I just get set up and hold the position and do my best to set the throttle at one position and ease it on coming past the apex. Throttle control is one of the most important things to have on the track. I practice it constantly. You cannot be smooth without good throttle control. The suspension changes every time you make adjustments and then your line changes. I will practice running a session without using any braking in order to emphasize throttle control, proper gear selection and engine braking.
Most street crashes in a curve are a result of the rider going in too hot, in the wrong gear, and adding brakes to an already bad situation. I am by no means trying to preach..... this just works for me. I have learned many things over the years investigating crashes, attending Superbike School and listening to other riders much better than me. Most of them will not come to you and tell you what you can do better. You have to be willing to ask and listen. Take advice and use what works for you. There is no magic, just have to duplicate what the great riders are doing. Always harder said then done. Not always achievable, you have to know and accept your limits and the limits of your machine.
Sorry for the long post...:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said in PM, I'm not being critical, I think you may be on to something....and I like your 'long' posts i always learn something :beerchug:

You need to stop stuffing up his already inflated ego. Most of you have seen the way that I ride. Steve lapped me this weekend.... He has improved tremendously since I met him.

You need to stop stuffing up his already inflated ego. Most of you have seen the way that I ride. Steve lapped me this weekend.... He has improved tremendously since I met him.

And, trying to follow RacerV down the back of Fontana Spring Bash was a humbling experience also...you were MOVIN.

I wish I could of been there to play with you guys at the track! I have tried to get to a track day since the beginning of this year and have had it rained out, then canceled, then schedule changed again, and then it was to much money for a last minute decision to try to make one!

Captain Awesome! You finally got a knee down! So what do you think?

RacerV and Macon 454 .... it would of been great to join you both at the track... I live to far away!

Awesome Photos of you all! The video of Uncle Steve in slow mo!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

I will make it out there to watch you guys one of these days! It is nice to actually put a face with a name on here. I have met James and Michael already. Awesome pics by the way!

Warbird you need to come down to Barber in October....wear my leathers and helmet so when you blow by all those dudes on that blue busa, they'll think it was me...i've got them all set up for you into thinking the Busa can't turn :)

Last edited:
They took one video of Steve cause he got it right the first take... I got a whole folder full of em.....

Last edited:
wow looks like alot of fun..i really want to get a track day going....but one thing at a time..

You guys did enjoy your selves great to see:thumbsup: I had my track day here yesterday but it ended early when my son was near the end of his 2nd session he did the big end:( I only got one session in but the highlight was rounding up BMW 1000rr my mates on the pit wall went crazy jumping up and down and punching the air when I went down the straight:thumbsup: The son and I share a 2000 Yamaha R1 set up for track.

The above is an example of what happens when you DO NOT get off the bike.......high lean angle. I did the same $@#) thing.

I didn't think that I was going all that fast, so I didn't get off the bike as much as I should have. When I realized that I was going in hotter than expected I didn't have time to readjust my body. So I just had to lean it more and hope it holds....It didn't obviously. That plus the cold tires didn't help any. Lesson learned! I'd rather make my mistakes on the track rather than on the street!:down:

I would like to try and make the next one in july if I am not deployed. will they have a instruction coarse day for first time at the track riders?

I would like to try and make the next one in july if I am not deployed. will they have a instruction coarse day for first time at the track riders?

yes. the 10th and the 11th are motorcycle lapping days. If it is your first time to Hallett and don't have a race license they require you to take their HART class.

Back