Caps June Hallett thread

Let me get a pic and edit it real quick, where Shane had to stand it was pretty far off... Give me a minute

There should be some good ones of you in the bus stop when i was standing by the pond.

We were only able to take pics up through the 3rd session because my memory card filled up and my second card wouldn't work.... We intended on moving locations and getting other shots but it just didn't happen.....

11.png

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

11.png

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Great pictures Cap! The guy on the SV1000 behind you there is Kenny Hoover, very good friend of mine, and one of the people I rode to the track with.
Thanks again for the very cool Hayabusa plaques, they arecurrently resting safely on the top shelf of my cabinet until i can figure a proper way to display them.
My first trip to Hallett (and my first non-rainy trackday), sure won't be my last.:thumbsup:

Need to plan a September track get together when the temps are lower. We lucked out Sunday and had great weather. :thumbsup:

Track rules.

Ummmm, why? Sorry, but inquiring minds, yada yada yada. :whistle:

I was just thinking to myself that it might be a way to prevent distractions, but then I saw the tag was also blacked out, which didn't make sense for me.

Ummmm, why? Sorry, but inquiring minds, yada yada yada. :whistle:

I was just thinking to myself that it might be a way to prevent distractions, but then I saw the tag was also blacked out, which didn't make sense for me.

The plastic lenses tend to break into small pieces and take too long to clean up. Also you are correct about the lights. They are a distraction.

The taping of the lights goes back to when all the lenses were glass. Cars have to do the same thing.
I also pull the fuse on my headlight and triple tape the tail light so the brake light can't be seen. Completely remove my license plate and bracket.

Makes clean up easier, they can clear a track pretty quick if they dont have to pick up a bunch of itty bitty pieces.

We were only able to take pics up through the 3rd session because my memory card filled up and my second card wouldn't work.... We intended on moving locations and getting other shots but it just didn't happen.....

Dude, you look like you been doing that for years! :bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:

Vonderbach, you tape up all the lights to prevent distractions (a brake light going off in your face might cause a 'survival reaction') and also makes it easier to pick up broken glass/plastic in case of a crash...around here, you also tape up your wheel weights (hitting one at high speed would hurt), and zip tie your passenger pegs, remove or tape mirrors (no looking behind you also a "SR)....

Last edited:
Doug,

PM me your address and I will send you DVD's of all the photos.

Pic from Hallett. Birdseye photo. He takes slow mo video also.

H- 372.jpg

Last edited:
Pic from Hallett. Birdseye photo. He takes slow mo video also.

Great form! Have you modded the suspension of your bike at all (dogbone, 55-series tire, etc?) You make it look TOO easy (when I know it's not)...:bowdown:

Did you see any good pics of Cap?

Great form! Have you modded the suspension of your bike at all (dogbone, 55-series tire, etc?) You make it look TOO easy (when I know it's not)...:bowdown:

Did you see any good pics of Cap?

No, suspension is stock. I am not going to turn the busa into a track bike. I use it for sport touring in the summer.
I want to pick up a track bike someday. The busa can get you into trouble on the track. It is a challange at times to slow all that weight down before a curve. Sure is fun...:laugh:

Back