Can you see me?

brpo

Registered
Hi Viz Gear... Do you think it makes you more visable and, hence more safe?

What increases your safety more? Loud pipes or Hi Viz gear

Do you wear any Hi Viz gear? Why?

Do you look dorky wearing Viz Jacket/helmet?

Are you accident proof if you have both loud pipes and hi viz gear? ??? :laugh:

334363_550628284963470_1492897177_o.jpg

600_59538772.jpg

I wear it cause I'm forced to, not because I want to. Honestly I don't think people "see" it as much as people think. I was wearing a bright orange reflector vest on my big red/copper busa and a girl pulled right out in front of me about 3 inches from my front tire. I pulled up next to her at the light and was pissed. I said WTH, she said she didn't see me. I said "Right, I see how you could miss me, if only I had been wearing brighter colors with some reflection!" and then went on my way.......

I wear a white leather jacket, lighter colored helmet, weave back and forth a bit if I think the person behind me may be coming up too fast and doesn't see me, and I use hand signals...

Nothing's going to work 100% of the time, but the little things you try may save your life :thumbsup:

Honestly, I think the BEST way to avoid incidents while riding is to be fully alert and aware of everything going on around you at all times. Defensive riding WILL save you...always anticipate that others do not see you and don't care...

:2cents:

I don't currently wear hi-viz gear, but I have in the past. In my experience as a car driver, it does seem to catch my eye a lot better than plainly colored gear. To me it does a particularly good job in rainy or foggy conditions. Of course that may be because so many BMW riders wear it, and they are the ones I see mostly riding in bad weather.

Both of my accidents I was wearing hi-viz gear, on a bright yellow 600 and it made no difference in how the people pulled out in front of me. My Hayabusa HID high beam does a much better job at telling the cagers I am there.

Hey Sous. Ya'll have any openings there for a 7 level SSGT with Tech in mind (testing on the 1st, missed it by 1.53 last year) Turboprop mechanic? I could really use a new base right about now

Yeah I think alot of the jackets include reflective piping for low vis days or nights but I dont see how a neon green jacket is going to protect you when a kid is driving and texting LOL/ OMG.....:whistle:

What if we had jackets made to LOOK like a phone that needs a response to a message?? Would that make him or her more likely to see us or run us down to answer it??

I don't care if you popped flares every 5 seconds, somebody's not gonna see you. Best thing to do is never put yourself in that position to start with. I would say that HID's (and even those funky irritiating blinking headlights) get my attention more...

I don't currently wear hi-viz gear, but I have in the past. In my experience as a car driver, it does seem to catch my eye a lot better than plainly colored gear. To me it does a particularly good job in rainy or foggy conditions. Of course that may be because so many BMW riders wear it, and they are the ones I see mostly riding in bad weather.

Consider though that you are a motorcycle rider, you are aware of bikes anyway. Not the average tard more concerned about texting than driving.
Every little bit counts, but I ride like I'm invisible.:beerchug:

How could I not Bots?! I mean, DID YOU SEE THAT THING?! I've been to Afghanistan didn't see moose knuckles that size!

Back