Can throttle bodies be synced without SDS-2?

i dont have the carb sync tool. Currently trying to decide between the motion pro analog and the electronic one from healtech.

I have a Motion-Pro and a Carb-Tune.
The MP is old, works great, but the fluid tubes are not sealed, so fluid can be sucked out if you're not careful.
I see a MP available that still looks like the same design too, so it may or may not be sealed, but they work fine either way.
The CT has no fluid, but all 4 tubes have aluminum rods in them.
I also want the Heal-Tech, and will eventually buy one at some point.

I have a Motion-Pro and a Carb-Tune.
The MP is old, works great, but the fluid tubes are not sealed, so fluid can be sucked out if you're not careful.
I see a MP available that still looks like the same design too, so it may or may not be sealed, but they work fine either way.
The CT has no fluid, but all 4 tubes have aluminum rods in them.
I also want the Heal-Tech, and will eventually buy one at some point.
Hard to justify for the fancy Heal-tech at their price point. Carbtune has great reviews too. Damn its hard to let go of money .....

Hard to justify for the fancy Heal-tech at their price point. Carbtune has great reviews too. Damn its hard to let go of money .....

Lol, tell me about it.
My back has been wanting the Rabaconda Streetbike tire changer for a couple of years now, as it takes away the physical effort of getting stubborn tires off and on.
But, so far, at $600, I'll keep using my old style Rabaconda for a little while longer.
But, one of the last front tire's I did fought me bad...and I almost ordered one...gettin closer...
lol

The Carb-Tune is great, and around $100?
I would think that the digital screen on the Heal-Tech would be easier to dial in though, vs the bouncy tubes in a standard manometer, like the Carb-Tune, or Motion-Pro.
I forget which model Carb-Tune that I have, I'll have to look later, but this is the only picture that I have of it in my phone.
I can take some pictures of the Motion-Pro later too.

20210517_162826.jpg

The Carb-Tune is great, and around $100?
I would think that the digital screen on the Heal-Tech would be easier to dial in though, vs the bouncy tubes in a standard manometer, like the Carb-Tune, or Motion-Pro.
I forget which model Carb-Tune that I have, I'll have to look later, but this is the only picture that I have of it in my phone.
I can take some pictures of the Motion-Pro later too.

View attachment 1667107
I'm sure it's nice but at over 300 I can't justify it. Having hard enough time trying to be ok with a 100 for one time use basically

My Motion-Pro manometer is like new and works great.
You're welcome to use it.
Give me a couple weeks to get time to get this Gsxr back together, and I'll meet you on the Blue Ridge Parkway somewhere between us and hand it off to you.
I'm ok with shipping it around the org too, next guy pays shipping.

My Motion-Pro manometer is like new and works great.
You're welcome to use it.
Give me a couple weeks to get time to get this Gsxr back together, and I'll meet you on the Blue Ridge Parkway somewhere between us and hand it off to you.
I'm ok with shipping it around the org too, next guy pays shipping.
1) that’s cools as hell of you

2) do we know if we can woolich while flashed from another company? I have a BT tune but need to buy woolich for random adjustment reasons and now apparently to sync my TBs lol

2) do we know if we can woolich while flashed from another company? I have a BT tune but need to buy woolich for random adjustment reasons and now apparently to sync my TBs lol

I don't know, I still don't have a gen3, can't get the service manual to download, and havnt seen a quality paper one yet, lol, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can from you guys, so when the time comes, I'm a little ahead of the curve.
Regardless of what needs done electronically, the TB's will still each have a vacuum port for the manometer to connect to.
Is syncing the TB's a big deal? In most cases it's not worth the effort, on an otherwise untouched stock setting, it's just a small improvement that we know is there, that we did.
Many times syncing is useful on older machines that have been 'worked on', or had TB's replaced, not so much on a gen3, but why not check behind Suzuki anyway.
And, as said, it's cool to hear the slight change in idle as they all balance, but you really wouldn't notice it before and after, unless you were there as it was done.
Regardless, we can get an old org parts or loaner tools thread going again, there used to be a few, or start new ones.

It's fine to check them, but once they're set, that's where they will stay, they will not wear or work their way out of spec.
Ok so hear me out on this. The ma
It's fine to check them, but once they're set, that's where they will stay, they will not wear or work their way out of spec.
So I get this but if I'm cleaning the throttle body I may as well check it. I have to reset the ISC learn value anyhow. For anyone who wants a flash done please get the woolich. It will help with service later.

20230601_140156.jpg

20230601_140109.jpg

You would have to ask @ME-Motorsports for this question. I would assume that it would still work since its not writing anything just operating them. Also you could always get the autotune kit to keep an eye on the A/F. I am not sure if BT does anything with the OEM O2 sensors or not.

You would have to ask @ME-Motorsports for this question.
What they do with their flashes is on them. That's beyond our scope (and my own, personal level of care/concern). I would hope they wouldn't wipe out/lock out the diagnostics options out in the ECU. But based on what we've seen them do in some BMWs and nuke the entire fault detection system from popping any fault code, for any reason - who knows.

The only way to tell would be to try and take your bike that is flashed with their rebranded Dimsport tool and see if the dealership can access the diagnostics via the dealerships SDS 2 system. Perhaps trigger a fault code by disconnecting the quickshifter and let it store the code. If they can access the code and clear it then you should be able to use the diagnostics portion of WRT.

Back