Throttle Body Synch

OB_Boss

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has done a throttle body synch on the Gen 2 without using the SDS tool ? And the end results ? Cheers

Patient ? be patient he says damn I have been waiting since 99 :rofl:
Not sure on the join date ? I must have logged in then when I first got my 99 Busa ................. :thumbsup:

Patient ? be patient he says damn I have been waiting since 99 :rofl:
Not sure on the join date ? I must have logged in then when I first got my 99 Busa ................. :thumbsup:

:welcome:
I think you're the oldest/new member that I can recall.

I'm sure somebody will be along to answer your question though. :thumbsup:

No probs guys .............. and found the unit to do the job :thumbsup:
Might be helpfull and of interest to others also .............. hence the link. Units cheap to buy and a great hassle free mob to deal with Just phoned and units on it's way :please:

Tried world wide to obtain a SDS unit and software and presently in battle with Suzuki Australia
Meanwhile this unit will do the job no prob

BikeTech Suzuki ISC Controller.

ISC stands for Idle Stepper Control or Idle Stability Control. On some Euro 3 (2007 on) Suzukis (e.g. GSXR1000), the throttle valves are entirely closed at idle so no air passes. The air inlet is executed by a separate valve called the ISC valve which is operated by a stepper motor. This valve is controlled by the ECU which is aiming for a pre-programmed target idle speed. The system works very well but makes it virtually impossible to synchronise throttles in the usual way as the idle speed (and hence vacuum) continually changes. The only way to synchronise the injector valves is to override the ISC valve, to hold it steady while the balancing is carried out. If the engine is not fully up to temperature, synchronising will be compromised because parameters change as temperature rises - the continuous LED also shows that the correct temperature has been reached to allow accurate throttle synchronising. The same principles apply to use of the BikeTech Suzuki Efi Tuning software - a fixed idle is essential in order to be able to gauge what effect the mixture changes are having without the ISC system overriding the results, as is a suitable temperature.

ICS.jpg

Last edited:
ISC stands for Idle Stepper Control or Idle Stability Control. On some Euro 3 (2007 on) Suzukis (e.g. GSXR1000), the throttle valves are entirely closed at idle so no air passes. The air inlet is executed by a separate valve called the ISC valve which is operated by a stepper motor. This valve is controlled by the ECU which is aiming for a pre-programmed target idle speed. The system works very well but makes it virtually impossible to synchronise throttles in the usual way as the idle speed (and hence vacuum) continually changes. The only way to synchronise the injector valves is to override the ISC valve, to hold it steady while the balancing is carried out. If the engine is not fully up to temperature, synchronising will be compromised because parameters change as temperature rises - the continuous LED also shows that the correct temperature has been reached to allow accurate throttle synchronising. The same principles apply to use of the BikeTech Suzuki Efi Tuning software - a fixed idle is essential in order to be able to gauge what effect the mixture changes are having without the ISC system overriding the results, as is a suitable temperature.[/QUOTE]

This ISC valve doesn't apply to a Busa does it? Or only to newer Busas?
The above sounds like a totally convoluted system to me.

It's an ok system (ISC) ............. but as usual technology complicates servicing. This applies to 08 and on Busa's basically without this or an SDS unit you cannot get an accurate reading from balance gauges when synching throttle bodies. At $73 US it's a lot cheaper than an SDS and it's available ...........you CAN buy it :thumbsup:
WAG >>>>>>>>>>> pleasure :thumbsup:

It's an ok system (ISC) ............. but as usual technology complicates servicing. This applies to 08 and on Busa's basically without this or an SDS unit you cannot get an accurate reading from balance gauges when synching throttle bodies. At $73 US it's a lot cheaper than an SDS and it's available ...........you CAN buy it :thumbsup:
WAG >>>>>>>>>>> pleasure :thumbsup:

I learn something new everyday. I think the gen 2 comes with a catalytic converter? Something like that. Gen 1s have simple air injection which you can block with a marble to keep other mufflers from backfiring.

Floyd what you speak of is the "pair" system and Gen11 still have this also. The "ISC" is idle speed control and it basically is an electric stepper motor that regulates air flow at idle and electronically adjust idles speed :thumbsup:

Floyd what you speak of is the "pair" system and Gen11 still have this also. The "ISC" is idle speed control and it basically is an electric stepper motor that regulates air flow at idle and electronically adjust idles speed :thumbsup:

Does that mean that it adjusts the idle to be stable from cold to hot like my car does? That would be a big improvement. :beerchug:

In the Gen 11 the throttle plates are completely closed at idle. ICS is controlled by the ECU which with information it gathers from other sensors tells the ICS how little or much air too allow for correct idle speed given the parameters at that time.

In the Gen 11 the throttle plates are completely closed at idle. ICS is controlled by the ECU which with information it gathers from other sensors tells the ICS how little or much air too allow for correct idle speed given the parameters at that time.

Now I'm gonna have to buy a new bike!

Sounds like it is more difficult but not impossible to sync the throttle bodies without some special device. I'm gathering that dealers would have it, but it is difficult to find an alternate source and buy one?

I don't know if I would be up for syncing throttle bodies anyway. Sounds like trying to adjust 4 carburetors on an old bike.

Now I'm gonna have to buy a new bike!

Sounds like it is more difficult but not impossible to sync the throttle bodies without some special device. I'm gathering that dealers would have it, but it is difficult to find an alternate source and buy one?

I don't know if I would be up for syncing throttle bodies anyway. Sounds like trying to adjust 4 carburetors on an old bike.

It can't be all that difficult. I'm a firm believer in the idea that if you have the right tools and a service manual, you can probably do most things yourself.

--Wag--

Kind of think you're right. Sometimes part of the fun is hands on stuff. Very satisfying when you get it right.

Your correct ................. right tools are the key .............. and made frustrating when you can't buy what you need to do the job. Besides I don't trust others to do the job
Welcome to my garage :welcome:

Dyno 2.jpg

Last edited:
Your correct ................. right tools are the key .............. and made frustrating when you can't buy what you need to do the job. Besides I don't trust others to do the job
Welcome to my garage :welcome:

Excellent! You have a lift so you are not on your knees doing the work. The insulated fan looking thing is an exhaust? Reminds me of fume hoods that chemists would work in without the hood.

Back