SDS Software for Gen IIs

Big D

Registered
I started looking into what it would take to do all your own maintenance on the Gen IIs. One of the things I ran across was a special tool used during the throttle valve sync. Not only do you need the SDS toolset (09904-41010) but you also need a copy of the SDS software (99565-01010-012) CDROM (version 12). The SDS toolset is available from some of our site sponsors, but best I can tell the CD is not for sale, and can only be obtained by authorized suzuki repair shops. So with this being the best busa site on the net, the question begs asking; has anyone been able to get a copy of this CD, or have a source other than trying to sweet talk the stealerships?

Thanks,
D

Well as it turns out, the reason that PN is so damned hard to find is because it has been superceded several times since the service manual was printed. Current version is build 019 (which recently superceded build 017). Below is a screenshot showing the bikes supported by build 017/019 (PN# 99565-01010-019).

It ain't cheap, Mr Cycles has it listed for $130.68....

D

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO. I ordered Ver. 19 only to be informed by Mr Cycles that it had been superceded by Ver. 20. :laugh:

Should have the Ver. 20 CD by next week. SDS Hardware kit comes with Ver. 10, but the Gen II busas are not supported until Ver. 12 or better.

D

Nice. So this allows you to access the EEC (electronic engine control) and read the sensors directly? That's a whatever suzuki connector to a serial port. They offer software like this for the Palm OS for cars so I wonder if they have software for suzuki's.

What will this software do for you?
Basically, a diagnostic interface for service techs. You need it on Gen IIs as part of the Throttle Valve synch procedure. I'm primarily investing in this setup so I can do my own Throttle Valve synch. :thumbsup:

D

LMAO. I ordered Ver. 19 only to be informed by Mr Cycles that it had been superceded by Ver. 20. :laugh:

Should have the Ver. 20 CD by next week. SDS Hardware kit comes with Ver. 10, but the Gen II busas are not supported until Ver. 12 or better.

D

this whole package only 131$???!!??

this whole package only 131$???!!??
Unfortunately not. The hardware package (interface between PC and bike) costs over $600 (depending on where you order it). Although it comes with version 10 of the SDS software, our bikes are not supported with this version (requires version 12 or newer). That is why you need to also buy an updated SDS disk to use this with the Gen II busas (another $130).

D

Can you tell me where you purchased your unit and software from please ? Also price would be great :thumbsup: Still available ?
Cheers

Basically, a diagnostic interface for service techs. You need it on Gen IIs as part of the Throttle Valve synch procedure. I'm primarily investing in this setup so I can do my own Throttle Valve synch. :thumbsup:

D

I have about 8800 miles on my bike and it is running great. At what point are you suppose to do this Throttle Valve synch procedure? With me having the 2B exhaust will it change anything? Thanks

Unfortunately not. The hardware package (interface between PC and bike) costs over $600 (depending on where you order it). Although it comes with version 10 of the SDS software, our bikes are not supported with this version (requires version 12 or newer). That is why you need to also buy an updated SDS disk to use this with the Gen II busas (another $130).

D

Sorry to rain on your day bro, but Petrik(on the ECU hack site)has already hacked the factory software and all this(SDS INTERFACE)can be viewed and tuned for "FREE"(-about 30-50.00 to build the hardware)with his ECU EDITOR 2.0.
Anyone wanting more info look @ the top thread in the "PINNED" section(you can also tune the factory TPS maps, timing maps, ect......)in here, lots of new things happening :thumbsup:

I have about 8800 miles on my bike and it is running great. At what point are you suppose to do this Throttle Valve synch procedure? With me having the 2B exhaust will it change anything? Thanks
According to the manual, this is supposed to be done every 7500 miles or so.

D

Ok thanks for that and just by pure coincidence I had emailed them earlier today regards the unit and software .
Again thanks
Cheers

Well apparently main reason for the need of the SDS unit is to reset the ISC valve
It gives a setting of approx 50 step so if one could measure a step one wouldn't need SDS ? Yeah i know a steps about a metre :laugh: Dealer only availability is almost blackmail in my opinion. Spuzuki says we'll sell you the bike but not the equipment to service it Excellent >>>> not ???

Back