Can someone take a measurement for me please?

JohnnyDangerous

Registered
Guys, just fitted dogbones supposed to raise the back 25mm (1") but im not sure it has, the new dogbones were only a few mm different hole centre to hole centre, stupidly I did not measure the height to set point before. Could someone with stock gen 2 on a 190/50 take a measurement or 2 maybe to the footpegs with bike dead upright and the rear peg mount please so I can see if its higher. Thanks guys

thumbnail_IMG_6985.jpg

Guys, just fitted dogbones supposed to raise the back 25mm (1") but im not sure it has, the new dogbones were only a few mm different hole centre to hole centre, stupidly I did not measure the height to set point before. Could someone with stock gen 2 on a 190/50 take a measurement or 2 maybe to the footpegs with bike dead upright and the rear peg mount please so I can see if its higher. Thanks guys

View attachment 1641901
Can't measure to the ground. Every tires is different size, even if they all say 55 profile actual dimensions are not. Also your sag will change the ride height number from motorcycle to motorcycle.

Just off ebay, wated to see what the bike feels like but I reckon it will handle better with stock dogbones and a height adjustable shock like ohlins, im right in thinking its a rising rate linkage yes? Suzuki give a seat height but thats it, the bones were maybe 3mm shorter centre to centre
Adjustable shock clevis will give you around 10mm in increased ride height. And yes the linkage is a rising rate link.

Thaks had a quick look, will look more later when i have time, one point, I have a friend involved at high level in bike racing he said to me be careful how much you raise the back if you dot raise the frot as it will load the front tyre and could make it 'push' o lower speed bends, he said keep an eye on tread wear on the front tyre, see if the cuts wear evenly on the side or if the rear edge is picking up, if the back of the tread is picking up its too much load on the front

Thaks had a quick look, will look more later when i have time, one point, I have a friend involved at high level in bike racing he said to me be careful how much you raise the back if you dot raise the frot as it will load the front tyre and could make it 'push' o lower speed bends, he said keep an eye on tread wear on the front tyre, see if the cuts wear evenly on the side or if the rear edge is picking up, if the back of the tread is picking up its too much load on the front
Throws off the weight distribution which will affect lots of things.

Sorry to say your friend is wrong in his perceptions in a few ways. Yes raising the rear will increase the load on the front tire which in turn means you have to change your suspension settings. Rear and front edge of the tire wear is due to rebound suspension setting. If the rear of the edge of the tread groove is worn rebound is too slow and you need to open the screw up. If the front of the edge is worn rebound is too fast and you might want to close the screw to slow down the rebound. Either way when raising the rear you have to speed up the front rebound otherwise the front end won't respond the way it should.

Busas have traditionally been delivered stock with pretty balanced weight distribution. If you want that bike to follow the front wheel, you need more weight on it. Raising the rear 1" actually makes the bike track better. Essentially, this rolls the bike forward and adds weight over the front wheel but also slightly alters the fork angle. This is a very slight difference with a 1" rise, but you can feel it immediately. Obviously, this is my experience on the Gen 2 and I assume the geometry is the same on the Gen 3.

I posted this before, but this is where I got the scoop:

200528 Haybusa Article.jpg

Busas have traditionally been delivered stock with pretty balanced weight distribution. If you want that bike to follow the front wheel, you need more weight on it. Raising the rear 1" actually makes the bike track better. Essentially, this rolls the bike forward and adds weight over the front wheel but also slightly alters the fork angle. This is a very slight difference with a 1" rise, but you can feel it immediately. Obviously, this is my experience on the Gen 2 and I assume the geometry is the same on the Gen 3.

I posted this before, but this is where I got the scoop:

View attachment 1641947
Decent enough write up....

They were talking up to 4mm drop on the front would make a big difference.

I have noted people who jack up the rear end of these bikes said they are slightly twitchy as a result..

I noticed my GSXR1K was more twitchy and quick to respond to any input. Good for cornering, but I found it was not so great for day to day riding, it would follow cracks and road snakes more whereas the Hayabusa will only follow deep cracks and not road snakes..

Decent enough write up....

They were talking up to 4mm drop on the front would make a big difference.

I have noted people who jack up the rear end of these bikes said they are slightly twitchy as a result..

I noticed my GSXR1K was more twitchy and quick to respond to any input. Good for cornering, but I found it was not so great for day to day riding, it would follow cracks and road snakes more whereas the Hayabusa will only follow deep cracks and not road snakes..
Im fitting a hyper pro steering damper in anticipation, ill give her a blast tomorrow if the roads are dry before I do the trunk mod, got the front of it ceramic coated today

thumbnail_IMG_7040.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7041.jpg

Back