Can i use simple green too clean my o ring chain

ICEMANN

Registered
Can I use simple green to clean an DID O'ring chain?
Spay it on, wipe it off, then w-D 40 it and/or chain wax it?

cleaning it now and needed to know.

thanks,
JD

I cant believe no one can answer this, prolly cause Im sitting here WAITING ON AN ANSWER before I GO DO IT! if I had a week before I started I would have 30 replys.

SImply amaizing, simply green.
smile.gif

I cant believe no one can answer this, prolly cause Im sitting here WAITING ON AN ANSWER before I GO DO IT!  if I had a week before I started I would have 30 replys.

smile.gif
Icemann....stick with the WD-40 as a chain cleaner...I'm not 100% certain that the simple green would harm it but...I did at one time spay to strong of a simple green concentration on my FZ1 and it etched the aluminum engine case finish...in too strong of a concentration simple green can quickly become..."Mean Green"...and when it's too strong it's some nasty shid...I won't ever spray it on any bike I own again...as etched metal is etched metal...and any cleaner/degreaser that has the ability to do that?..is even gonna hurt the finish even in reduced strengths...just not as badly...till over time?..and then it takes it's toll as the damage becomes more evident...ever so slowly.

S100 and Honda Bright (made by S100) are a little pricey but well worth it...they clean/degrease even the deepest nooks and cranies yet never harm any surface finish...when used properly...as in don't spay it on hot header pipes...seen that damage before as well..just not on my bike...and definantly no "Simple Green".

WD-40 is inexpensive and is a great and safe cleaner/degreaser...so why ya toying with harsh stuff?

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I cant believe no one can answer this, prolly cause Im sitting here WAITING ON AN ANSWER before I GO DO IT!  if I had a week before I started I would have 30 replys.

smile.gif
Icemann....stick with the WD-40 as a chain cleaner...I'm not 100% certain that the simple green would harm it but...I did at one time spay to strong of a simple green concentration on my FZ1 and it etched the aluminum engine case finish...in too strong of a concentration simple green can quickly become..."Mean Green"...and when it's too strong it's some nasty shid...I won't ever spray it on any bike I own again...as etched metal is etched metal...and any cleaner/degreaser that has the ability to do that?..is even gonna hurt the finish even in reduced strengths...just not as badly...till over time?..and then it takes it's toll as the damage becomes more evident...ever so slowly.

S100 and Honda Bright (made by S100) are a little pricey but well worth it...they clean/degrease even the deepest nooks and cranies yet never harm any surface finish...when used properly...as in don't spay it on hot header pipes...seen that damage before as well..just not on my bike...and definantly no "Simple Green".

WD-40 is inexpensive and is a great and safe cleaner/degreaser...so why ya toying with harsh stuff?

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
+1, yeah what he said about wd40. There's nothing like that distinctive smell of a bike that's been cleaned with wd40...

Of course I mean the non-painted surfaces.
smile.gif

smile.gif

I use simple green to clean the chain. No probs whatsover, and no contact high.

Back