Can I ask questions here

busafan08

Registered
From time to time about my ZX14 I really don t want to join another forum plus you guys are very knowledgeable here And feel you are good bunch of blokes better than any forum that I been on I am not just saying that either its true So here is the first question to my surprise I am getting a lot of turbulence wind right smacking on my helmet something I never got on my ex 08 busa so it looks like a windshield change in the future for me but which one I am 6 foot 1 ? ZERO GRAVITY MSR ECT I don t want to go to high as it will spoil the looks of the bike while I am at it how easy is it to change the windshield as the bottom 2 bolts look like there covered in body work ? Cheers :thumbsup:

You can always try one of these...

untitled.png

sorry for no help
My 1988 Katana 1100 had a electric adjustable whindscreen
adjustment went from turbulence at 60 hertz to 70 hertz depending on adjustment, seems okay,,,,,,BUT at 60 hertz the force was higher. I LOVED that bike 34,000 miles sold it and Bought a SBX tubed Reparto Corsa Bianchi Fugger stole it off the roof of my Geo Metro bike worth more then the car

@busafan08

perhaps some (two?) small holes / cuttings in the screen may help

I come up with this idea because this MRA racing windscreen
gsx-r1300r1.jpg

i use (6 feet 4 tall) at my ´00 busa (gen1) has these two cuttings / holes
to seemingly reduce or prevent a kind of vacuum behind the windscreen.
bike´n that way i have no issues with my head - even at over 180 km/h - no to only very little turbulences
i personally feel very fine with this.

total contrast with my fj 1200 and the touring screen- over 130-140 km/h my head is massively shaken by the wind / by lots of turbulences.

MRA offers a racing screen for the zx14 - if this has the same (i think anti vacuum -) holes like mine i have no clue.
hard to say but i guess you have no other chance but to spend "some" money to test other screens.

ps: dear Aussi :lol: - please use punctuation and the enter button :bowdown: - otherwise it is so very hard to read . at least for me :crazy:
the old man
zeigefinger.gif
from across the pond - lol

I'm tall, have always used a double bubble screen. Wind catches me in the chest when cruising, and I can tuck mostly behind it. I'll ask my buddy with a 14r what his screen is.

Thanks The MRA screen does not look to bad maybe ? Couple of people here have commented about my punctuation skills or lack of it Sorry about that its just that I cant express my self to well with the key board PC don t want to bore you guys but I never did go to high school in the early seventies starting working at a early age to support my mum with work dad had to do some time in jail nothing serious but never the less anyway all good cheers :thumbsup: Going for a ride now on the wing :thumbsup:

Thanks The MRA screen does not look to bad maybe ? Couple of people here have commented about my punctuation skills or lack of it Sorry about that its just that I cant express my self to well with the key board PC don t want to bore you guys but I never did go to high school in the early seventies starting working at a early age to support my mum with work dad had to do some time in jail nothing serious but never the less anyway all good cheers :thumbsup: Going for a ride now on the wing :thumbsup:
MOST of us here aren't English majors so we get the gist of what you are saying...

No worries.

I've got a 2012 14R and I put a double bubble Puig dark smoke windscreen on it. I got it from Cyclegear. It looks great and works great. I'm only 5'8" and I don't get any wind buffeting on my helmet. Also, the screws for the windscreen are easy to get out and put back in. There's nothing in the way.

You express yourself just fine. Each of us have different stories, backgrounds and experiences, most of us take each other as we find them.

I ask a lot of questions here about my 14. Usually they are more general like "how to rivet a chain" or "what if a bolt snaps" that sort of thing. I'm just shy of 19 thousand posts at zx14ninjaforum. I'm Rook there. I'll answer whatever I can here. There is a heck of a lot more traffic on this site. For more ZX-14 specific questions, you're going to get better answers at

Sorry I have the Gen1 ZX-14 and the windscreen bolts are very easily removed.

One thing I need to do on my 14 is sit my butt up on the seat cowl a little that gives me enough room to fit my body in a low tuck. I use a stock height windscreen. Don't bother getting a Yana Shiki windscreen. That is one part they sell that sucks for both the 14 and the busa. Almost worthless. A flat piece of plexi bent a little with a heat gun. I threw the busa one I got right in the trash.

Who's the guy here with the Cowboys cheerleader avatar? Bobby914. That's bobby with the dwarf flipping the bird avatar over on ninjaforums. He can tell you about the Gen2 windscreen here if you don't want to join another site. There's a bunch of threads over there about this topic. Would you like me to start one for you and you can check in on it? You won't get as many replies as you would here but the people there do own 14s and have tried windscreens on that bike.

Last edited:
Back