Can anyone tell me is this all I need to drop the front?

coreywiley

Registered
I buddy of mine is going to lower the front end of my bike. I bought this piece is this piece the only piece that I need to do so? Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry!

100_9706-1.gif

That should allow your fork tubes to slide up thus lowering your bike.

Looks like the holes in the handlebar clamp are large enough to fit the fork tubes through, so yes, that would allow you to lower the front end. The stock clamp won't let the tubes through.

My question to those who have installed such a clamp: Does this actually move your bars forward? It looks like the clamps for the bars are moved forward and maybe a little bit out to make room for the larger holes to let the tubes pass through. Pic of the stock clamp below. Look at the position of the clamps for the bars in relation to the 4 holes to mount to the upper triple tree.

top handlebar clamp.jpg

Yes, it does move them very slightly. I don't think you'll notice the difference.

That will do it. I dont know how much your lowering it, but at 1-1/2 or more your will need to adjust your resivours/ levers so not to hit the upper inners at full lock.

yes that is all you need for mininum parts. You will damage the bolt covers on top the are very inexpensive (2.00 last time i checked). Also be careful as you lower the fron not to by pass or over drop the front i would place a floor jack under the front so that you can control the bike as the front comes down. You will have a time breaking the torques on factory torques, and some areas are hard to get to, Don't get discouraged. Keep in mind that this piece is only aluminum, DONT OVER TORQUE!. Also to complete the piece you will need the covers for the fork pieces but these are only dress pieces.

Have fun.

Looks like the holes in the handlebar clamp are large enough to fit the fork tubes through, so yes, that would allow you to lower the front end. The stock clamp won't let the tubes through.

It will allow almost 7/8ths drop with a Genmar spacer under it! Got it on mine and its nice!

Back