can anyone tell me how to remove the upper

hayabusa_z

Registered
ok I am trying to remove the upper but I am have trouble getting to the top screws on the sides of the headlight.. any tips guys?

Thanks,

Mark

There shouldn't be any screw beside the headlight that holds the upper on. Take off the under tray (piece above the front tire, all snap clips), remove the mirrors (pull back rubber boots and remove two bolts), remove the alen head bolts attaching it to the lower fairing sides, remove inner dash panels that wrap up around the intrument cluster. You will have to gently pry outward where the mirrors bolted on as they sit into a threaded notch. They will release though with some outward pressure. It will wiggle forward and out. Remember all the push snaps have to be gently pressed in the center until it clicks, then it will disengage and can be removed.

cowling_body_model_k3.jpeg

Just make sure yer gentle like Justin said, when ya pull the upper ears off the mirror mounts.......I've heard of them breaking on people before.

Be very careful on taking the upper off of the notch where the mirrors attach, you have to bend the plastic to get it to come off, and you could very easily snap it off. The nose is the toughest piece to get off and put back on.

Back