Can anyone tell me about Spokane?

I live in coeur d alene, we are not an hour away from Spokane. If you like the smaller town feel. You could liver here and commute into Spokane. Yes we get alot of snow but we are good at clearing it. Good place to live and put down roots.

Ah...so I see! Please, tell me more about Coeur d'Alene. How are the rentals? Median? How is the economy there? Crime rate? School systems? Health care?

I'd definitely like the small town feel...it'd be like a right-at-home kinda deal. Are they pretty tolerant/accepting of other cultures there? Will my son come across any problems just because of his skin color? Or myself, or the mouse?

I'd really like to know. Thanks!

Don't believe a good word anyone here has to say, it's so bad that I'm moving back as soon as I can get my business sold down here in "Holy" Utah. I grew up in N. Idaho and both my sons still live in Cda. I am looking for some land south of Post Falls (inbetween Cda and Spokane) to build on. The winters are winter and the summers are summer. The people are much more "real" than most places I've been and I have been all over the US, only missed two of the 48 and Alaska.

Neighbors actually like to talk and most will keep a good eye on your stuff like it was their own. Just like everyone else has said, there are always bad apples but there are a lot fewer there than in Utah that's for sure. I worked for Kootenai County SD while I was there in the late 80's so I did get a pretty good view of N. Idaho's problems and I will be very happy to move back.

The road riding is fantastic and there is a deer problem but not nearly as bad as some places. Salmon, Idaho and the UP of Michigan were the worst, almost a deer obstacle course. From Cda west the deer are pretty thin but that's where the riding gets boring. The foothills end right about the state line, east of there has nice mountains and west has the palouse. Cda has the small town feel and the people are great. It is one of the most beautiful places that exist. Cda lake is one of the best in the world (until they implemented the 50mph speed limit, there used to be some bad boats on that lake!). It's 50 miles long with plenty of bays and waterside bars/restraunts.

So, yeah...stay away. It's a horrible place and I don't want too many people moving up there and finding out what it's really like...

Don't believe a good word anyone here has to say, it's so bad that I'm moving back as soon as I can get my business sold down here in "Holy" Utah. I grew up in N. Idaho and both my sons still live in Cda. I am looking for some land south of Post Falls (inbetween Cda and Spokane) to build on. The winters are winter and the summers are summer. The people are much more "real" than most places I've been and I have been all over the US, only missed two of the 48 and Alaska.

Neighbors actually like to talk and most will keep a good eye on your stuff like it was their own. Just like everyone else has said, there are always bad apples but there are a lot fewer there than in Utah that's for sure. I worked for Kootenai County SD while I was there in the late 80's so I did get a pretty good view of N. Idaho's problems and I will be very happy to move back.

The road riding is fantastic and there is a deer problem but not nearly as bad as some places. Salmon, Idaho and the UP of Michigan were the worst, almost a deer obstacle course. From Cda west the deer are pretty thin but that's where the riding gets boring. The foothills end right about the state line, east of there has nice mountains and west has the palouse. Cda has the small town feel and the people are great. It is one of the most beautiful places that exist. Cda lake is one of the best in the world (until they implemented the 50mph speed limit, there used to be some bad boats on that lake!). It's 50 miles long with plenty of bays and waterside bars/restraunts.

So, yeah...stay away. It's a horrible place and I don't want too many people moving up there and finding out what it's really like...

Crap...that place sounds frikkin HORRIBLE. ??? Like low-down, dirty, rotten, what-the-heck-was-I-thinking-coming-here kinda place.

I must investigate immediately.

Having been born and raised in the state of ID I have spent some time in Coeur d'Alene and it's awesome!

Really nice place Paul.....look into it buddy you will be suprised.

Code:
Having been born and raised in the state of ID I have spent some time in Coeur d'Alene and it's awesome!

Really nice place Paul.....look into it buddy you will be suprised.

What? Well what the heck, man!!! We must chat, you and I. Well...lemme see what the damage is for the cell bill this month. ??? I have so many questions. Shoot, I was pm'ing Erik (Ibeb), took me the better part of an hour typing out all my questions, and then BAM!!! ...message erased! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

But yeah...I'll give ya a ring, bro. Thanks!

Sorry it took so long for me to respond I lost track of the thread.

Health care - go to Spokane for anything major Kootenai Medical Center is not that great.

Due to the large number of people who cant buy a house due to the foreclosing on one after the housing bubble popped the rental rates are over inflated. I was looking into renting a 3 bed 2 bath 1 car garage town house for 1100, but I bought a house 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage and a 1/3 acre and my mortgage is 814. But this was a year and a half ago. If yiu need a good real estate agent I can recommend one.

Crime - sorry to say Kootenai county got the distinction of having the highest crime in the state but at least crime didn't go up like last years stats. However they believe it is people from out of town. Like people coming over from spocomptin, oops sorry spokane.

Cost of living here isn't too bad unlike sandpoint idaho. They were discovered and a lot of rich people bought houses at twice the market value during the bubble and the locals were priced out of the market.

PM me for other questions. I don't post a lot of personal stuff in threads due to my job.

Back