Can-Am Spyder

rlachermeier

Registered
Have been debating for awhile about getting a trike for long vacation trips so I signed up to take a test ride on one of these this week-end.

Doesn't look that comfortable. Will post my opinion after the test ride.

Has anyone else rode one of these?

BRP_Can_AM_Spyder_Roadster_front_large.jpg

i might end up on one got hurt at work 3 weeks ago almodt lossin all my fingers on the right had....been thru 2 sugeries DR sayin i wont get full use bAck .....so my season is done

My brother in-law works for a dealership. He brought one home for the night a few weeks ago.

I sat on it, wasn't bad. the front under the headlight is a trunk, super wide rear tire, seemed real stable.

Can-am are bad machines Bro there Four wheelers are dope you can flat get stupid on those things
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Drove it last Saturday. It was a blast. I was willing to put a down payment on one at the end of the test ride but my wife wasn't as convinced. Twice I got it up to 80 relatively quickly. They claim it does 0 to 60 in just over 4 sec. It seemed powerful enough for one but we rode single so I don't know how it would handle two up. I still see getting one or maybe two in the future. I guess they won't be available until next spring and they plan on selling them for $14,999.

RANDY_SPYDER.jpg

It's trick lookin isn't it. It will be fun for about 5min. Have you ridden a four wheeler or snow mobile. About the same. The exhaust is pipen hot and you feel it pretty good on the right leg. Alot.

Forget about doing any high speed manauvering or fast hard S's you will get tossed. The ride is stable it's just that you won't be able to hang on.

Novelty item, they forgot to add some kind of lean to the bike then it would be something. acceleration is about like a mid size cruiser I don't know where the 4 secs to 60 comes from but it hooks up pretty good and you do smoky burn outs really easy. But 90mph I think is the limit. I wouldn't want to go 75mph let alone 90. One small jolt of the handlebars at that speed and you are tossed.

At $15k no thanks. Fun for tooling around the beach front though, everyone looks and awes. Those of us that ride busas will definitely get tired of this ride quick.

I was at the stealership and they had 2 parked out front . They actually look better in the flesh , but 14k is too much for something like that . They were getting a lot of attention though .

This thing is a pretty cool machine. I rode one 2 weeks ago and it was a blast. The only thing is that it needs about 50 more horsepower and then it would be really really fun. I rode 2 up and by myself, and it is definetely noticible with 2 people, but I guess everything is. I would consider one of these for the wife and me for touring, but other than that it would get kind of boring after a while if u only had that to cruize around on.

It will do over 90, no problems there, I rode one, feels very quad like. I would buy one of these before a Goldwing trike if I had the need to be on three wheels but hopefully that won't be for a long time

Test drove one, loved it. Put my deposit down for the yellow one. Waiting on it's arrival. After this purchase I'm done with the motor sports.
Have:
2006 Hayabusa LE
2007 Boulevard
Can Am on it's way

No more Toys. I think
wink.gif

Back