canam spyder

mattd428

Registered
me and a friend just went and test drove these didnt really care for it much its like riding a 4 wheeler on the street and to make it worse the salesman sayed that they would do 0-60 in 2.8 sec........just doesnt sound right anyone tried riding one of these things and what did you think

hadn't had the chance to ride one of them but i hate em, think they look ridiculous. The boyfriend of the neighbor mom that lives next to us has one and is over all the time on it, just never been a fan of them at all

ya never thought i would like them just one of those bored out of minds days but they suck in my opinion

It has a modded 1000 motor that they put in there. The salesman said it is the same motor as the aprilla 1000 and canam sells them to them. its just a lot of weight for a little motor.

Never to old..but there is a guy by me that has a goldwing trike and has a trailer that tows his hoverround. Thats hardcore. ride or die !

It has a modded 1000 motor that they put in there. The salesman said it is the same motor as the aprilla 1000 and canam sells them to them. its just a lot of weight for a little motor.

Yeap, Aprilia uses the the 1000cc Rotax engine made by Bombardier Recreational Products, whom also makes the Can-Am.

On another note, this is "General BIKE Related Topics". A post about the Can-Am doesn't belong here :laugh: :poke:

I like them I wish they would sell them with out the motor :whistle: leave the power plant to me....:laugh:

Has a more stable ride as opposed to the unstable ride of a motorcycle. Any patch of sand or leaked out coolant can put a motorcyclist into and oncoming car or guardrail. But there is a big difference in leaning into the turn feeling not only the curve and angle of the road but also because of the unstable nature of the motorcycle man and machine must become one to succeed. From there comes my love of motorcycling, if i couldn't do that anymore I would look at the CanAm but...

Whatever turns you on is the only thing that matters they are still ring imo:beerchug:

My wife told me she would ride one of these. As of now she doesn't like to ride on back and we have to different things a lot due to my riding a lot. If she had one we would be riding together and doing more together. So I like them.

My mom rides one. I've taken it for a few rides and it's not too bad. The Rotax 990 is pretty snappy, but doesn't compare to the busa. They could have done without the traction control on the things too. She also had a ton of problems with different relays in the electrical system. Rode it 200 miles home from the dealer, stopped to get gas 30 miles from home, wouldn't start again. Fried a relay. I think they've got that issue worked out, but she was riding around with a handful of spare relays just in case. All in all, it's pretty fun to ride around every now and again, but I wouldn't own one.

I took a ride on on a Can-Am last year. I have to say it was much better than I thought it would be. I thought it felt much better than a 4-wheeler on the road. That being said, it would still be the last 'motorcycle' I would ever own. Yeah, you get the open air, open road thing. But other than that, you don't get any of the other benefits of a motorcycle (gas mileage, leaning in the turns, supreme manueverability, etc.

I do have to admit though that the one I road was fairly cool looking. He had different wheels, custom paint, etc. I'm not saying better than our bikes by any stretch of the imagination but not as bad as a Pontiac Aztec.

They may have been targeting the old riders but they have quite mixed age fan base now especially since people have been modding them with custom paints,body work and improved performance.

Spyder schematic.jpeg

2009-Can-Am-Spyder-Ryde-5.jpg

!40 hp turbo with that weight may not blow up anyone's skirt but you know the performance modding never ends :laugh: a 300 hp ground pounder will have those 80 yr olds reving there engines at sportbikes at the lights :laugh: :beerchug:

2009-Can-Am-Spyder-Ryde-5.jpg

Spyder schematic.jpeg

They may have been targeting the old riders but they have quite mixed age fan base now especially since people have been modding them with custom paints,body work and improved performance.

View attachment 225316

View attachment 225315

!40 hp turbo with that weight may not blow up anyone's skirt but you know the performance modding never ends :laugh: a 300 hp ground pounder will have those 80 yr olds reving there engines at sportbikes at the lights :laugh: :beerchug:

wow very nice kinda impressive actually

just got one today :cheerleader: fun but different than a busa. quite nice and very quick handling. reverse is sooooooo nice sometimes. :thumbsup:

You get a pass only if you can't use your legs or are just too old to put your foot down. That's how I Roll :rulez:

just got one today :cheerleader: fun but different than a busa. quite nice and very quick handling. reverse is sooooooo nice sometimes. :thumbsup:

takes a little getting used to only being able to use your foot as the brake and leaning into a turn even tho the bike doesnt lean

I purchased the full dresser 2010 model. This is what my wife wanted and she loves it. I ride it when I'm with her but it does need more power for me. I am going to put either a turbo or something to give it more gusto but it is great for people that just aren't comfortable on two wheels. I do have to agree that's it's kind of like a four wheeler on the street but the biggest mistake to me was stealing 6th gear for reverse. Yes you need reverse but at 75 mph your running around 7k rpm. I ran threw all gears on it and was at 101 at top speed red lined and I had time to light a cigarette before reaching top speed LOL. It is still ahead turner and fun for the wife.

SPYDER.jpg

james 005.jpg

I purchased the full dresser 2010 model. This is what my wife wanted and she loves it. I ride it when I'm with her but it does need more power for me. I am going to put either a turbo or something to give it more gusto but it is great for people that just aren't comfortable on two wheels. I do have to agree that's it's kind of like a four wheeler on the street but the biggest mistake to me was stealing 6th gear for reverse. Yes you need reverse but at 75 mph your running around 7k rpm. I ran threw all gears on it and was at 101 at top speed red lined and I had time to light a cigarette before reaching top speed LOL. It is still ahead turner and fun for the wife.

thats good how you do u like riding it

Back