Came across a fatality on the Crest today.

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Rolling through my favorite section on the crest and knew it was bad news when the mountain rescue guys had the road closed just east of the Mt. Wilson turn off. Talked to a couple guys that were riding with the fallen rider and found out it was the guy I was talking to 20 minutes ago at Newcome's Ranch.
sad.gif
A guy named Dave who rides a Tri-Color Ducati who was in his mid 30s.

It always brings you back to reality when you think about what 20 minutes difference can be.

The guys he was riding with said he took the corner to fast and hit the mountain side. Some say its better to hit a guardrail or go off a cliff than hit the mountain. The mounatin doesn't give at all.

I believe this is the first fatality of the season on the Crest. And unfortunately it won't be the last
sad.gif

As a spring time reminder;
Remember everyone, stay well within your limits. If everything isn't feeling perfect, slow down. I'm not saying ride slow, that wouldn't be fun and its not why most of us ride. Just pick your spots and don't force being fast. It should be relaxed and easy. Not hectic and exhausting.

sad.gif

GUYS/GALS SLOW THE FU.. DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is..............SOO MUCH  

Prayers Sent....
please.gif

This is so sad and I had a friend go down on sunday and was hurt pretty bad, I have his bike in my garage and I get sick to my stomach everytime I walk in there. The other guy that went down that day was not as lucky as my friend.

m_dabbbc9f99d3fe23e023845dc2b6b83f.jpg

As a spring time reminder;
Remember everyone, stay well within your limits.  If everything isn't feeling perfect, slow down.  I'm not saying ride slow, that wouldn't be fun and its not why most of us ride.  Just pick your spots and don't force being fast.  It should be relaxed and easy.  Not hectic and exhausting.
RIP.

+1 The track is for pushing and improving, the road is for enjoyment.
Please ride safe.

Thanks for the sage advice, Charles.

Sorry you had to go through that.

Back