BUSA RIDER FATALITY

Kinda stinks, had a fatality here Sat but the guy was on a Goldwing. Went off the road at around 85, wearing the general GW gear, short sleeve shirt, blue jeans, running shoes and a open face helmet. His riding buddy on the jump seat is in critical condition ! Ya, just got to be careful out there  
SHOCKED.gif

A sad situation for the rider and his family.  I dont wish that on anyone, BUT lets be realistic here. The KID on the bike decided to run, the police officer did not make that decision for him. So with that being said I DO NOT feel sorry for the kid or anyone else who makes such a STUPID decision.

twisted wrote:

"you can bet your busa hump the family WILL press charges against the jurisdiction that employed the officer that engaged in the chase that resulted in a high speed fatality, it always happens that way...

civil laws are far different than criminal, although it may have been criminal to flee a civil jury can award millions if you can tilt the scale slighty towards the plaintiffs side that the officer indeed did show negligence by escalating the situation to a deadly state...

pulling behind a vehichle and lighting it up is one thing if the vehichle pulls over normally and someone gets hurt the officer holds no negligence or responsibility, but, if the vehichle speeds up and the officer follows pushing the vehichle to higher speeds the officer assumes responsibility for the aftermath...

many jurisdictions pay out millions in wrongful death suits annually, the taxpayers ultimately pay in the end, here in seattle officials have banned high speed persuits at any rate, felony or non, and thats the smart thing to do, you can't put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it.... "

Maybe you know something that I don't know. Police do have a legal right to chase vehicles even though some department policies prohibit it. So with that being said "if" the police officer was within his policy and guidelines that the department has set I can tell you now that a lawsuit will not make it far in court. That is if an attorney chooses to take it on. Face it, the kid ran so it's all on him.

Im so sorry to hear this ,Dammit !!man!!! only if they would understand the power and unforgiving mistakes that these bikes have ,God bless him and his Family.You are all right in your own ways guys but kids will be kids as we all are but he was to young... peroid !!to go. ,God knows that we all do stupid stuff sometimes but most of us have cheated death one way or another he wasnt so lucky and you know what ? our kids are not perfect .

Back