Angeles crest

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
I haven't been up the Crest since last year because of the stories I've heard about a certain CHP officer writing everyone and anyone for everything and anything. I went up today, heh! Sunday on Memorial day weekend knowing he's going to be up there. So I went Slllooow all the way up. And sure enough some people waved me to slow down. (a car no less, I saw 4 bikes all day) I went around a few corners and there he was sitting by the side, he heard me and put the radar on me, I was only doing 35mph in a 50. I pulled up to him to ask him where the local restaurant is (it's right around the corner) and he said, it's right there, hey...you need to put the stock pipes back on, those are too loud. I have the Yosh RS3 ovals and I was IDLING. OK I sez, and thanks for showing me where the restaurant is. I got out of it...
This guy writes for after market pipes, on ANY bike, will check your helmet for DOT approval, turn signals, license plates light, In the daytime...etc.
I may have taken my LAST trip up the Crest. And he's up there on weekdays too.

##### ass Officer Stout.  I hate that sweet loveable guy.  I don't go up ACH anymore.  If you don't stop immediately he'll get you for running.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: "Foul Language"|1148928571 -->

I've seen that moto cop for over a year now. Never been pulled over by him, yet...

He seems to target single bikes or 2-3 bike groups. Haven't seen him mess with groups larger than that.

Fellow bikers are really cool on the crest. Everytime you pass a rider give him a thumbs up if there are no cops or the slow down motion if there are.

That sucks to hear about the CHP. I had a great time on the road when I was out there.

Y'all should call his supervisor,every day every hour. 200+ bikers doing this should Get things changed.
Worked here in FL.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1428"|1148930032 -->

Old news....he's been there for a long time. Just be cool, maintain your bike, wear your gear, keep the spinach outta your teeth and he won't bother you. Hasn't pulled me over yet and probably won't since I don't give him a reason to. He mainly nails the squidly lookin' ones....or those being blatantly stupid!

He got me for fKING 5 OVER man FIVE!  Fk' that cocksucker.
mad.gif

no stunting, no wheelie no fking nothing!  Just crusing down.  Few busa that go up there they all tell me the same story.  He hates busas.

I ain't going up there any more. that old motherfker.

Some even told me, he'll get you for 1 over.  ONE!

<!--EDIT|jigisup
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148938064 -->

He got me for fKING 5 OVER man FIVE!  Fk' that cocksucker.
mad.gif

no stunting, no wheelie no fking nothing!  Just crusing down.  Few busa that go up there they all tell me the same story.  He hates busas.

I ain't going up there any more. that old motherfker.

Some even told me, he'll get you for 1 over.  ONE!
upset?

hogger...
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Good thing I havent taken my Busa up there with my exhaust.. he would probably have a field day

Whats the scoop on this kind of harassment?
rock.gif
Seriously I am wondering if the CHP has a public relations dept. We have a guy up here on hwy 70 that has been pushing the limit every year. 3 years ago he allmost hit a new female rider on a Harley while trying to get to the leaders of the group, last year he nailed my 65 year ols buddy 3 times for speeding at 5- 8 miles over and the worst was last year one of our club riders passed a slow moving 18 wheeler on a double solid yellow line. The kid had followed the truck for quite some time with dust & gravel hitting him, so he see's a stretch where although being a dbl yellow can still see far enough to get around... when he pulls back in the cop is on the shoulder. The kid see's him flash the lights so he immediately pulls over. ( Kids name is "Grant" he is the kindest most easy goin kid... ) The CHP grabs him off the bike, throws him to the ground and hand cuffs him. 1-2 minutes later a few more of the group pulld up and stops to see whats going on, and the CHP officer draws his gun and points it at them!
mad.gif
I am all for safety and the job these guys do as a whole is great and I really appreciate them but who do we call when they go beyond helpful and safety conscience?
rock.gif
mad.gif
cool.gif

rock.gif

mad.gif

One problem in trying to get the cop to lay off is the fact that there are multiple fatalities every year on that road. Squids just don't get it... So we all pay...

Ahhh good point. Well I'm still gonna contact CHP tomorrow. I went to their web site and there is a formal complaint form to fill out but I just want to chat with one of the VIP's on the phone. We'll see if I get past the telephone receptionist.
sad.gif

Well, I think I'll venture out for the ride on the 11th (?)

I can understand why the CHP sent Officer Stout out to get some control. He's the best at what he does. You can't have people killing themselves by going too fast up there, so like Charles said, we all pay.

Jigisup has a point too, if it were me, I would have pulled him over and said, "I'm watching you, don't let me catch you going FAST!, now keep it down."

Kentowaii, sound like there's a problem there.

Take it to the track. Beats fighting tickets in court and azz whole cops.

V1 and heads up riding will keep you out of most of the BS. A stock Busa is fast, quiet too. The stock Busa runs incredibly smooth with a PC USB and tre. No aftermarket exhaust needed. My 99 had stock exhaust, rear fender in tact, stock appearing with only a PC USB and tre. made great bottom end tourqe to get out of corners without drama and did it quite well. and with no extra noise. I could be on the gas and you couldn't really tell it was accelerating hard by the noise.

Plus, they can't hear you when you're leaving in a hurry. Not that I would knowingly ditch a cop.
cool.gif

Sounds like the West Coast is no fun.

I cannot say that I have had any problems like that.

Sorry guys.

The infamous, Officer Stout... Theres stories about this guy all over the local board here in SoCal...

Sounds like the West Coast is no fun.

I cannot say that I have had any problems like that.

Sorry guys.
If you had the best roads in the country in your back yard you would have the same problems.

Deals Gap for example is heavily patroled.

Any place that is great riding gets this kind of attention.

Anchorage Alaska doesn't have these problems.

Or do they?

Back