Very lucky rider on the Crest today!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I was out today riding the Crest and having some fun.  As I'm going through a long corner I see 2 bikes on the side of the road, odd place to pull over...

So I turn around to see if everything was cool, and it turns out one of them just crashed.  He saw the corner and figured he was going too fast and said he ran off.  I looked at the road and saw front and rear skid marks, he locked them up and went straight off...

and went airborne into a 15 foot deep ditch  
wowold.gif
 He and the bike impacted the other side around the 8 foot mark and both of them bounced back UP and out of the ditch onto the shoulder of the road.

The bike is totalled.  Front rim caved in and broke into 3 pieces, fork tubes bent 20 degrees, plus all kinds more damage to the bike.

The rider.  Only a couple scrape marks on his elbow, sore knee and sore ankle.  He was wearing FULL gear and it kept him from having to go to the hosiptal  
beerchug.gif

It was amazing to look at the bike, then look at him and wondering how he wasn't hurt any worse.

One arrow points to the crash(X marks the spot) and the other arrow shows his direction of travel(downhill).  I was going the other way.

qp1.jpg

Its amazing what gear will do for u in a crash....then again, luck and even God has to have a hand in that one. Way to be a good man to turn around to help a fellow rider
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

HOLY S*&T DUDE!! fell into a ditch, bounched back up onto the shoulder? Someone had to be paying the bill to the Man Upstairs. Or if he's got nine lives, he's got eight more remaining. That's why I'm too much of a wuss when it comes to pushing it in the canyons like that, you never know when your number is gonna be called.

At least he didn't eat it on the crest when thoes old ladies pull u-turns in the middle of the road, happened to my friend, he broke his collar bone when some old woman did a u-turn right around a blind corner up at angeles about 6 months ago. He hit the side of the mountain tring to squeeze around her.

btw-when you hittin up the crest again?
Maybe tomorrow morning  
firedevil.gif

But definitely next Mon and Tues.

I'm getting in shape for Thunder Hill!  
coolold.gif
You know you want to join me  
winkold.gif

58 miles of fun  
cool.gif
another pic to tempt ya  
whistling.gif

Gain over 4,000 in elevation  
cool.gif
SHOCKED.gif

That does look fun, we have no good twisties in FL. Have fun and stay safe

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

What a break...or lack of!

Hey, I got a call from my ex-girlfriend last night telling me that Mt Baldy was on fire. Can't you see Baldy from some points on Angeles Crest?

Maybe tomorrow morning  
firedevil.gif

coolold.gif
winkold.gif

58 miles of fun  
cool.gif
another pic to tempt ya  
whistling.gif

cool.gif
I hate you California guys. I'm soo envious.

cool.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Charlesbusa @ May 13 2008 said:
1415215[/ATTACH] PM]
Maybe tomorrow morning  
firedevil.gif

coolold.gif
winkold.gif

58 miles of fun  
cool.gif
another pic to tempt ya  
whistling.gif

cool.gif
I hate you California guys.  I'm soo envious.
It's o.k.; we hate us, too.

laugh.gif

Charles...you're such a tease!

super.gif

cool.gif

I guess the ocean is right next to that too? ,all I get to navigate around is used crack vials and trash in the damn street,I should have moved to Cali 18yrs ago when I had the chance..I hate myself right now..hahaha
beerchug.gif

Why do you guys keep blaming God for that crash?

Just kidding...

Don't have a kaw!

What a break...or lack of!

Hey, I got a call from my ex-girlfriend last night telling me that Mt Baldy was on fire. Can't you see Baldy from some points on Angeles Crest?
On the eastern part of the crest when you are on the South facing side. Didn't see anything yesterday. But I was looking at the road more than the view
winkold.gif

Back