2 crashes on hwy 22 in louisiana today.

mikev7

Registered
Just 3 people showed up for a planed ride today, cajmex, duvernay of rocketmadness.com and i. It started with me following them cause i never been down 22. Bout half way through the ride we hit the heavy curves and i shot out front to get a little cornering in. I overshot a sharp right and went into the left lane with my rear locked up but i kept control and got back on it. I was bout quarter mile down the road and i look back and dont see anyone behind me.

I thought i took a wrong turn so i waited for them to come over the hill. Nothing.. I turned round and arrive to find cajmex trying to push his bike out of a ditch. He lost it in the same turn. Looks like he slid a little ways then down into the ditch he went. 2 minutes later a rescue truck shows up.

It turns out right down the road, probably half mile a guy went off on a harley and he took a trip in a ambulance. Cajmex crashed right in front of a troopers house too.

You can see my skid mark at the top of the pic. I think the lower one is from cajmex.
IPHONE645.jpg

The ditch.
IPHONE649.jpg

Right before (or was it after) the fire rescue pulled up. I dont know how they knew. I guess cause someone passed and told them at the accident down the road.
IPHONE646.jpg

The bike.It has like 700 miles on it. Not even through break-in. Now its broke-in.
IPHONE647.jpg

Glad that you and your friend are ok. I never ride a road hard that I don't already know. Learned that the same way you did...by drifting into the oncoming lane due to too much speed. Scary feeling!

We have the worst roads in the entire universe. Glad all /your/ parts still work.

Some of you need to read the whole post. It wasnt me. Im fine.

As for the speed thing, I dont know how fast i was going. I was running at my maximum level for street riding which was obviously too fast for him and almost me too. I look at the pic and i dont know how i didnt go off. I must have been completely sideways cause i didnt touch the side of the road. The turn is a increasing radius turn. I was in it maybe going 45-55 then i saw it sweep quite hard. I knew for a fact i was riding beyond the hayabusas turning performance and i couldnt stand it back up after the apex before i lost it. It was a definate lowside if i kept going through.

i too am glad you guys are ok. i follow a general rule of thumb. no more than double the recommended speed give or take on blind corners that i dont know.

Back