Cam phone pics of my external fixator

tonyy1

Donating Member
Registered
title and descriptions says it all. my foot has to stay elevated to keep it from swelling. the white part is gauze covering the pins screwed into my thigh, and the second pic shows the pins screwed into the top of my leg, about 6 inches above the ankle. and two xray pics.

1.jpg

those are the screws from the external fixator. you can't see the screws going into the bone, just because the image wasn't big enough.

well the orthopedic doc says the fixator comes off on the 9th of May (accident happened March 15th). he's said I'm healing quicker than expected. He'd like to keep the fixator on longer, but just because the longer it's on, the better things will heal, but then the flip side is the longer this is on, the more muscle I lose in my leg, and the longer I'll be in phsyical therapy...... I can't wait to get it off, Richard (gwhunran) knows alot about me, he found out about me and the accident and because I was in the same city as him took the time to call me in the hospital (much respect for that Richard) I want you to heal up fast also, so you can get back on "diablo", lol. but I am staying at my dad's house, because he lives on a slab, and I have to get around on a walker/wheelchair right now, and my home is on a crawlspace, and it's a 2 story. so I couldn't get inside the house. so after the 9th I'm praying I can go home to my family.

Heal up quick! Seems like forever now, but you'll be home before you know it.
biggrin.gif

Hey tony, Good to read more from you. I am studying for my last test, in my last class, of grad school. Take it Monday.
I get my cast off and pins out on May 10th. Just one day after you. I don't know what all my therepy will consist of, but it for sure is going to consist of working that clutch.
Keep strong.
Richard

look at me saying ouch, how long is that pin going through your ring and middle finger Richard? take care man.

Tony,
I don't know how long it is, but I am going to ask for them (pins) when they take them out. I might find something to do with them, to remind me how I don't want to repeat the experience.

Richard

Wow! I think you should change your avatar to superman (the man of steel). I didn't picture that much apperatus when I read that you had crashed. Hang tough, heal up quick, and I like your idea on getting the pins back to make into something. Hey, there's a good post for you..."What should I makes my pins into?'. I'd make them into a license frame.

Back