Gettin back into shape

ICEMANN

Registered
After being retired for 3½ years, suffered a broken/shattered ankle and and broken/splintered thumbone, Ive decided to get my assss back into shape. My goal is to get my 12 year old into it as well while he's younger. Found this which seemed like a good deal.

It's a smith machine unit, came with bench thats incline/decline, leg extension, preacher curl, lat machine, etc etc, (see pic), squat rack etc, came with weights as well. Does just about everything. Sum beach toook me 8 hours to put together I know that much for sure. All 2" tubular steel, with reinforced steel front and back plate at every joint/junction so nothing is directly bolted to the tubular frame itself. And it's powder coated.

Paid $300.00 + tax new in the box (8 boxes actually). Came with olympic weights, and olympic free weight bench bar as pictured holding the weights plus whats built into the smith machine.

Just curious if it would be considered a good deal money wise?

IGS-4350s-250.jpg

Description:
-Heavy duty tublar steel construction
-Durable cjarcoal powder coated finish
-4" nylon pulleys with sealed ball bearings
-2000 lb. tensile strength aircraft cable
-High quality 1" chrome guide rods
-Smith's "Ultra-Guide" bushings assures smoothest movement
-Commercial grade pop pins adjustments with tightening feature
-Frame structure features 7 degree slant designed to accommodate the natural upper and lower body movements
-"Off the floor" base frame design provides increased stability
-Adjustable bar catches and safety stoppers
-Cage uprights feature chromed diamond striker plates and commercial grade bar and catches
-Diamond plated non-slip foot brace for seated row exercises
-6 Olympic plate storage pegs
-Include Lat bar, tricep rope, shiver bar, ankle strap, single handle and chromed V-bar
-Multi-function bench included with preacher pad and Olympic sleeve on leg developer
-Dual action leg developer with 6 oversized roller pads and row/curl handle
-Proper pivot point on leg developer for proper muscle isolation
-High density deluxe boxed upholstery
-Chrome sliding track for easy pop pin back pad angle adjustment
-300lb Olympic weight set included
-Lifetime warrante

JD

$300.00
rock.gif
three hundred? Is that a typo for three thousand? If it's not a typo and you paid $300.00, Ice you stole it.
I haven't priced gym equip in a while, but that looks like a deal even at $3,000.00.

Just take it easy getting back into it. Especially with 12 year old. Perfect form first, big weight later.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: "huh?"|1141010526 -->

If it's really $300.00 that's a steal (for you). Seems to have everything and a great idea to get your son to start early. My dad was very health conscious towards me while growing up. a pain in the ass at times, but I'm glad I learned these things early in life as they will carry on later to maintain good health.

Buy it quick. USe it often.

YOUR SON NEEDS A OK FROM THE DOCTOR!!! Just did caps so you would pay attention. Under 15 to 16 years you realy want to talk to professional about weight training. You can stunt his growth and adversly affect his bone development. Not saying he can not train. Just doing specific isolation movements can have an affect. Talk your doc. Most personal trainers will write a work out for you to work around doc recomendations.

YOUR SON NEEDS A OK FROM THE DOCTOR!!! Just did caps so you would pay attention. Under 15 to 16 years you realy want to talk to professional about weight training. You can stunt his growth and adversly affect his bone development. Not saying he can not train. Just doing specific isolation movements can have an affect. Talk your doc. Most personal trainers will write a work out for you to work around doc recomendations.
Definitely a +1 Ice....

I was thinking of getting something similar to get in shape too...
But then I realised that round IS a shape....
biggrin.gif

Unbelieveable deal! Any more *deals* like that available?

Definitely stole it for that price.

hahaha!
That's the reason all the kids that lived on the farm and worked long & hard hours after school turned out to be such mangled ogres. What, with all the hay bales and feed sacks they had to lift at such a young tender age what could you expect.......oh wait! Weren't they the ones that had the nicely chisled bodies and were strong as an ox?

Seriously though, You and your Son should take it easy if you've never done much weight training. There's no rush and injuries from over work will only sour your future desire to workout.
If you're serious about seeing a doc for your Son before he begins working out make sure you go to a Doc who specializes in sports medicine. Most general Docs don't have a clue concerning weight training other than what they've read in a magazine. (No flames intended)

wow Ice, that is a steal. I'm looking to lose a few lbs, (job is actually starting a "biggest loser" group here at work). I'm just about 30lbs overweight and I think I'm the largest in the group, so total weight to lose I got them beat.
Now that we know how much you spent mind telling me where? Hopefully a national chain, cuz I could really use a bench like that.
group buy???

$300 is a steal. I thought I got a good deal on a machine at $500, and it isn't even close to what you got there.

Definatly a steal! I have a bowflex, you don't even wanna know what I paid for it.... 4 years ago!

<!--EDIT|hyperboosta
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141137583 -->

After being retired for 3½ years, suffered a broken/shattered ankle and and broken/splintered thumbone, Ive decided to get my assss back into shape.  My goal is to get my 12 year old into it as well while he's younger.  Found this which seemed like a good deal.

It's a smith machine unit, came with bench thats incline/decline, leg extension, preacher curl, lat machine, etc etc, (see pic), squat rack etc, came with weights as well.  Does just about everything.  Sum beach toook me 8 hours to put together I know that much for sure.  All 2" tubular steel, with reinforced steel front and back plate at every joint/junction so nothing is directly bolted to the tubular frame itself.  And it's powder coated.  

Paid $300.00 + tax new in the box (8 boxes actually).  Came with olympic weights, and olympic free weight bench bar as pictured holding the weights plus whats built into the smith machine.  

Just curious if it would be considered a good deal money wise?

IGS-4350s-250.jpg

Description:  
-Heavy duty tublar steel construction
-Durable cjarcoal powder coated finish
-4" nylon pulleys with sealed ball bearings
-2000 lb. tensile strength aircraft cable
-High quality 1" chrome guide rods
-Smith's "Ultra-Guide" bushings assures smoothest movement
-Commercial grade pop pins adjustments with tightening feature
-Frame structure features 7 degree slant designed to accommodate the natural upper and lower body movements
-"Off the floor" base frame design provides increased stability
-Adjustable bar catches and safety stoppers
-Cage uprights feature chromed diamond striker plates and commercial grade bar and catches
-Diamond plated non-slip foot brace for seated row exercises
-6 Olympic plate storage pegs
-Include Lat bar, tricep rope, shiver bar, ankle strap, single handle and chromed V-bar
-Multi-function bench included with preacher pad and Olympic sleeve on leg developer
-Dual action leg developer with 6 oversized roller pads and row/curl handle
-Proper pivot point on leg developer for proper muscle isolation
-High density deluxe boxed upholstery
-Chrome sliding track for easy pop pin back pad angle adjustment
-300lb Olympic weight set included
-Lifetime warrante

JD
Yes. I have one. I use it every other day. I got mine from Sam's Club for about $460. It was a pain to put together. But I love it.

<!--EDIT|Cuffee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141141518 -->

We need to know who's selling that for 3 bennies! That is one nice setup! I paid more than that for a flat bench and weights alone!
wow.gif

Good deal, dude. I got all that stuff in my garage in case I don't make the gym in time but I prefere the gym. At home I just want to relax and it's easy to put it off after a while. Don't worry about the kid....shoot his asss up with some sustenon and put him to work!!!
smile.gif
He'll be in the nfl before you know it.
biggrin.gif

Hey thanks everyone for the tips. Intended to get JR cleared before anything big. Mostly been jumping rope and doing the pushup/dip & sit up thang.

Converted 1/2 the garage over. Always had the weight bench in the garage anyway so just made it more involved. Tried to take a couple better pics.

Got it from SAMS CLUB it's a dayum good deal. Took me 8 friggin hours to put it together.

JD

CIMG0056.JPG

Back