Well the pitty party is over

tonyy1

Donating Member
Registered
Some of you may have remembered about the jack arse who ran me off the road by running through a "T" intersection

and I ended up clipping a parked car with the left side of my bike (mainly my knee). The knee is fractured, but the

ortho says it's healing faster than anticipated and I should have my external fixator off in about 3 more weeks. (I'll spare you pics of that)

AMEN.

Now for the vascular part, when I fractured my knee I ruptured a vessel in my left leg also. so they had to steal a

vessel from my right thigh to transplant into my left leg. Now having gone to the vascular doctor today because of

drainage still coming from the right thigh that had no "accident damage" he can only conclude that the vessel had a

little vessel buddy that he think might have been clipped when they took the other one out which is why I'm still

having alot of drainage and the accident was on (March 15th). So I go back to the hospital this Thursday to have

that fixed as well as a knot of fluid the size of a "Big Mac" my doc said. So I haven't really been around lately

because I've been having myself a pity party.

i was told by the dealership who has the bike now and is totaling up the price to have it repaired that the bike

will be totaled. So I have 2 questions and 1 comment.

First with the comment. Hey Richard, I know I fell out of touch with you and I'm really sorry, I just needed time to

figure out how in the world this could have happened to me.

Now with the first question. The bike is paid for and since they are going to total it, what will State Farm give me for the actual bike, meaning will they give me what I paid for it (which was just under 10k), or will they depreciate the bike to a certain point.

Or will they give me the actual value of the bike which is more than I paid for (which would make it easier for me

to find another one without having to drive 5 hours out of state to get one).

thanks for all the input and here are some before and after pics.

01.jpg

also Richard expect a call from me today ok, my vascular doctor prescribed me pain medication yesterday also so I'm able to carry on a conversation now. The Orthopedist was telling me that all I needed was some aleve or some other bullish like that.
talk to you soon man.
Tony

Tony I am glad to see you are up and typing.. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery
smile.gif

I can't answer your questions about the insurance but I hope they reimburse you the total amount. Good Luck and keep us posted on your health and the bike issue. By the way very painful pics of the aftermath.. OUCH!

What ever the ins. co. offers dont jump at it there job is to aim low so that they can save a bunch of money, dont be afraid to tell them what you'll need to replace bike even shop around for them tell them the best price you find in your area. Also let them know that the prices of bikes way out of the area and tell them that would be fine if they are willing to have it towed to you, because they will find a dealer in west bumble f**k and tell you that its cheaper over there.
Good luck and get well soon.
L8r
David

thanks for the reply, but will the insurance company give me full price I paid for the bike? like I said I paid 9925 OTD, but that was in West Virginia. or will they try to offer me something less than that because of depreciation?
OR should they give me enough to replace the bike with one just like it?
I do want to get back on the bike, I've been thinking about it ever since the accident on the 15th, but I did nothing wrong, so it wasn't a rookie mistake.... I scanned ahead and did everything I could have done, but I jear the exhaust every damn night from the car that ran through it. he had a suped up car I could tell from the throaty sound of the engine and exhaust I guess he just gunned it right when I had no choice to to go to the left shoulder.
but of course the wife doesn't want me to get the bike again, and I can't blame her.
gotta go to the hospital for prelab work for today folks so everone take care and Richard know that I'm prayin for you bro to heal soon too. I hope to talk to you today. I do have your numbers.

Man glad your gonna be ok .. But i think with a little bondo and some duct tape she will be as good as new.. lol.. As far a state farm goes there gonna depreciate it . your gonna end up coming out of pocket to get another one .. ^They will determine the value at time of accident and that is what you get . not gonna be what you think it should be either.. sorry but that is the facts..

Hey, tonyy1, I thank God you're ok, and wish you a speedy recovery. Usually whatever your insurance doesn't pay you, you may be able to get from the person who caused the accident (but make sure of this by talking to a lawyer before you sign anything--even with your own insurance company). And if you fall short when it's time to buy, let us know and maybe we can each throw in a few bucks to get you back on the road.

I'm assuming that the jackazz that ran you off the road never stopped and never got caught?...if he didn't you're still in okay shape but if he did get caught, stopped and cited you're in great shape...without knowing that it's difficult to answer your question.

fwiw?...just before christmas '01...I had an older out of town couple look right through me and lurched out in front of me from a side-street to make a left leaving me with zero opportunity to evade...my body slammed into the drivers side door so hard it collapsed the door that it couldn't be opened and the officer couldn't get my key out of the ignition to retrieve my registration from under the seat because the key was jammed/froze into the crushed ignition switch...leabving me eating a months worth of percodans and totaling my ZRX...with them cited at fault in the accident? two weeks later (after my ZRX was officially deemed "Totaled") their State Farm insurance company had me to come in and bring any mod reciepts with me...and when I got there they had a file the size of a small phone book where they had looked up valuations of what my '00 ZRX1100 with 22,000+ miles might be worth...had me quickly review their research and withing seconds smiled and said..."I think you'll be very pleased with this Mr. Jinks"...and slid a check for $4,500 across the small interogation style room desk...I picked up the check....read the amount...and shook my head in disgust....and said...you know what?...maybe I'm just not in the proper frame of mind due to the pain killers I'm taking but this seems awefully low to me as I've got well over $2,000 worth of mods done to that bike...full exhaust...dyno tuned dyno-jet jet kit....corbin greenback gunfighter seat...unobtainium imported windscreen...K&N Pods...and reciepts fpor all of it...and that's when she said..."Well Mr. Jinks...we only pay out 70% for new personalized custom parts and then even they get pro-rated and downgraded based on length of use so we'd need to check the dates on your custom parts reciepts and go from there or?...you could just take the generous offer we just made you...I told her...

Look lady...I'm in pain at the moment...and on drugs...but know this...I'm not trying to be an azzhole here but...there ain't no way I could replace what I had with this check...as in....not even close...so?...maybe we need to end this meeting and I may need to consult a lawyer who could better judge and respresent me so I can at least get what your clients took from me back.

and with that I slid my chair back and began to stand up and she freaked....

Mr. Jinks!....do you have just a few minutes to allow me to consult with my superiors?...I said sure but ya better hurry cause it's almost my medication time and I need to drive home...and I'm hurt'in....and not real happy at the moment.

3 minutes later her and her boss returned to the room with a check for $7,100 and a $300 voucher for a new helmet...almost $3,000 more tyan I was being offered 3 minutes ago....and knew they were topped out when her boss dude told me..."This is the absolute top we're gonna offer you for that bike and accessories...not includiong anything medical...take it or leave it."....I took it.

But that's how it works Tony...and best of luck to you, L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back