Well the pitty party is over

Hope you do well with all of it Tony.

You hit hard, that thing is a mess.

be good to yerself...Rubb.

hope you heal soon (i have been doing the pity thing myself lately). i hope things go well with the insurance. stand your ground and don't give in they will try to push you around don't let them. good luck.
vader1.gif

glad you are feeling better, i just had to deal with state farm on my stolen 05, i bought the bike in sept. for 9999, had about 4000 in mods on it and all the reciepts. they said the bike was booked at 10800 and gave me 500 for all the mods. that is the best that they would do, i fought with them and they never came off that number. just to let you know but at least the bike itself didnt depreciate. it went up goodluck on recovery

But that's how it works Tony...and best of luck to you, L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Thats exactly how it works T! Same thing happened with me and a Tahoe I totalled at the begin of this year. State Farm agent spoke to me like they were bedin over backwards to give me some low ball compensation check, leveled with em a bit, words were exchanged (some nice, some not so nice)....

Truck book value = 10800
My pirce at sale = 10,250
Insurance check = 11,400

So, keep yer head up bro, go in with confidence, and believe me when i say, your pity party is not done yet, your injury will score u some points at the insurance office!! Take it easy bro, let us know if ya need anything!

Chemist

Tony I have State Farm and totaled a Busa 3 years ago
sad.gif
 I bought my bike for $1500 less
than retail. SF used a third party to value my bike and they started at full retail + tax, license
fees...then they factored in depreciation (bike was 4 months old) pro rated my DMV fees...all said
and done I came out even
biggrin.gif

Since you got a good deal on the price you should not have a problem
biggrin.gif

Get well soon  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Hope it all works out o.k.Tony sure sorry about it all
sad.gif
is'ent it something? those insurance companys? the state makes you pay those crooks big cashola and then when an accident occurs they talk nickles and dimes.

If ya ask me I think insurance companys are like the mafia, except for them its legal!
mad.gif
what a racket!

I'm just glad you are doing ok man. Good to hear from ya.:cool:

well Jinkster no he didnt stop, and the best anyone that saw the accident was the color of the car. since this happened 2 houses over from my dads house, and I'm staying here with him at the moment because I can't stay home alone at my home in a 2 story....... I've talked to some of the neighbors who saw it happen, and since it was around 6ish and about dusk, the best they could make out was the color of the car. From what I was told there were so many mods (carbon fiber everywhere I hear) that they couldn't even make out the make of the car. So from that perspective I am screwed just gotta go through my insurance and hope that they take care of me.....but I will stay positive when I talk to the insurance company, it seems like it's the only thing I can do.

Hope you do well with all of it Tony.

You hit hard, that thing is a mess.

be good to yerself...Rubb.
Andy the funny thing is I wasn't going fast when I finally did hit the car, just the phsyics of everything the bike weighing what 478, me at 263, and going about 25mph (max), the front end was going to be a mess regardless.
But I am healing well, like I said the ortho wants to keep the external fixator on for another month. if you want a pic of it, let me know and I'll email it or I can post it up here, it's not gross and bloody or anything.

I'm glad you're doing better. Busas don't like clipping the rear end of cars. I did this to my bike 12/04. I broke my right Tibia which they fix with a rod and three screws. Two weeks ago I got the hardware removed. Anyway I have State Farm and they did me right. My bike was totaled and yes they will take some for depreciation but seeing how new yours is they should go easy on you. Make sure you tell them about everything you had on that was ruined. I got money for my helmet and my leather jacket that was cut off at the hospital. My bike was a 2000 and I walked with a check for just under $10,000.
cool.gif

bike5.JPG

Tony,
It was good to talk to you today. You will get better, it probably won't happen as fast as you want it too though. For me its mostly just impatience, wanting to get back to riding again. With the cast covering half my hand I can't operate the clutch reliably, and I can't even do the needed carb work on my old bike.
Keep your spirits up and like others have said, approach the insurance thing with your head on straight and your eyes open. They are in business to make money, not to necessarily pay the just and fair amount in claims.

Richard

Tony,
It was good to talk to you today. You will get better, it probably won't happen as fast as you want it too though. For me its mostly just impatience, wanting to get back to riding again. With the cast covering half my hand I can't operate the clutch reliably, and I can't even do the needed carb work on my old bike.
Keep your spirits up and like others have said, approach the insurance thing with your head on straight and your eyes open. They are in business to make money, not to necessarily pay the just and fair amount in claims.

Richard
WoW glad you are Ok. I was only doing 30 when I hit the Door of the pick up. The last accident I had was 30 years ago and I still hurt from it.. This Time I called 1-866-Hogslaw1 The Guy had State Farm also.. They say my bike is totaled. makes me Cry. but, I soon will love another.. I can't believe how many people think you don't ever want to Ride again.. HA.. After my first accident getting hit head on by a lady turning. I was in bad shape. The Day I got off my crutches, I brought a new bike Home, My Wife freaked. I'm sorry but once you are addicted, you can't stop.. Hope your recovery is speedy..

DSC00006.jpg

I got money for my helmet and my leather jacket that was cut off at the hospital.  My bike was a 2000 and I walked with a check for just under $10,000.
cool.gif
I will definately check into this, every little bit will count I'm sure when it comes to getting back everything that I spent.

Tony,
It was good to talk to you today. You will get better, it probably won't happen as fast as you want it too though.  For me its mostly just impatience, wanting to get back to riding again.  With the cast covering half my hand I can't operate the clutch reliably, and I can't even do the needed carb work on my old bike.

Richard
it goes without saying Richard, it's always good to talk to you. once we both heal, lol we definately need to get together for a ride, (in a parking lot or something), lol j/k.
no but I think everyone up here should have a "buddy" to keep in touch with, and especially to keep the masses notified of any unfortunate accidents. like if my buddy Jimmy didn't know that all I did all day at work was surf the org he wouldn't have posted the info about me. Oh and Steve (my boss) of course it's during my lunch break and any downtime that I might have. lol.

Do waht I did buy the bike back!!! I got my 02 back for cheap and fixed it .

can you all see what i see on the fender...5th pic. look right under that wire with the green plastic on the end of it......i see a pic of a man with no eyes and his mouth open and wearing one of those old cowboy hats looking across towards the right.....freaky  
alien.gif
Holy crap your right! at first I thought huh? and then I looked and WOW!!!...that is freaky!...it must mean something I think
alien.gif
alien.gif

alien.gif

alien.gif

Back