Broke my leg... badly

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Hey guys. Havemt been on the site too much lately cause im still on temp duty in 29 palms CA. Was leaving here nov 5th to be back to the busa but now im not so sure... broke my tibia and fibia on my right leg 4 inches above the ankle so nothig was holding my foot on except skin and muscle amd tendons and such. Its a really bad break. After being in the worst pain of my life of having xrays and moving me around with morpheme barely helping if at all cause it hurt like hell... they fully sedated me almost to use some sort of machine amd such to pull the broken parts down as my leg was about and inch or two shorter than the other. I woke up feeling awesome well alot better than excruciating pain and now sit overnight waiting til tomorrow when i have surgery to have a rod inserted in my leg with bolts. Im not on pain meds as they wore off and am in hardly any pain :) pictures will come as after i did it had a few buddies snap a few pics with his blackberry.

So now on to how i did this lol. We were playing soccer for pt and apparrantly i went 180% force to kick the ball from this guy. He was stationary. I guess our legs contacted i dont remember. But i kicked him so hard i did this to myself as well as fractured a bone in his leg. It was the loudest crack ever. I didnt move an inch once i hit the ground as my foot up to the break was dangling in an obvious angle that it was way broke.

The question has been up in the air if i will be able to finish my last 2 tests of my microminiature circuit board repair course which is why im here in cali to begin with. It looka as tho the hospital may let me go just to take the test but they want me jn here for 5 days and dont want me to leave 29 palms for at least a week and ideally 2 weeks. I was supposed to leave nov 5th. So im just in the naval hospital on base with my leg stinted and wraped up not in much pain thank God. Ill give you updates how the surgery goes tomorrow. Dont break your leg this bad. It hurts more than you ever want to know. And i have a high pain tolerance... no busa when i get back to north carolina.12 week heal time is my estimate

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Oh yeah and keep me in your prayers for a speedy recover pleasee. Even though im sure it doesnt need to be said cause the Org is full of amazing people :)

Oh yeah and keep me in your prayers for a speedy recover pleasee. Even though im sure it doesnt need to be said cause the Org is full of amazing people :)

You got it sir... prayers for healing sent....

On a more earthly view I hope you heal up quickly.... That had to be one heck of a kick! Now that you are held up a little you should have a lot of time to catch up and post how things are going...

let us know if we can help...

cap

prayers sent...hope the surgery goes well and you heal quickly without any complications!

at least you will have an advantage over the other guy next time with the rod in your leg :beerchug:

Russell, man - I am sorry to hear this... the good news is that the weather is starting to turn, so not riding will be less noticable for you. I hope you heal quickly... let me know if you need anything... especially when you get back.

So now on to how i did this lol. We were playing soccer for pt and apparrantly i went 180% force to kick the ball from this guy. He was stationary. I guess our legs contacted i dont remember. But i kicked him so hard i did this to myself as well as fractured a bone in his leg. It was the loudest crack ever. I didnt move an inch once i hit the ground as my foot up to the break was dangling in an obvious angle that it was way broke.

That's what you get for playing soccer!

So sorry to hear, Russell. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear! Heal up quick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys :thumbsup: ill be fine. I got my classmates bringin my laptop tomorrow after my surgery. I should be fine i really dont have worries about it. Ive had the feeling im in good hands since i came to my senses when they adjusted my leg properly so quickly. And since my pain is now minimal to none surprisingly. Chalking that up to prayer. Wish i wouldve taken pictures in radiology. The angles the bottom of my leg were going was sickening lol

Driving shouldnt be much of a trouble since the break is above the ankle? I dont know ive never broken anything before let alone my leg lol.

I look forward to having problems in security at airports with metal in my leg also :rofl:

You need to be a punter in the NFL! Dude you must have shock springs for leg muscles to kick that hard:shocked:

Praying 4 U!:please:

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes ok. Keep your mind busy and get lots of rest. I hope you recover fast.

Last edited:
is this going to effect your career man? i see so many of us get hurt and it ruins our military career...good luck, get well, and Semper Fi

Dayum, sorry to hear - hope you get healed up soon. Make sure you do all of the therapy...

Back