Almost Broke My Ankle...Dr. Was a Bit Upset

Longstone

Registered
So I'm jogging along a sidewalk in Panama City Beach. Enjoying the sights as spring break is wrapping up if you know what I mean. A bike comes down the sidewalk and I try to be nice and move off to allow them to pass. As I step off the sidewalk and into a hole that was concealed by the grass I hear a pop....or 2 as my ankle turns outward.

My ankle swells to the size of a softball that evening and the wife talks me into going to the ER. Long story short I get a few x-rays, Dr. says it's not broken but would like me to wear an air cast for 2 days....yeah right.

I think if I would have just said 'no' I would have been fine. But I said 'can't that's the foot I shift with.' Dr. says what?!? I told him I ride a motorcycle every chance I get, I've been on vacation for a week and the first thing I'm going to do when I get home is get on the bike and go! Dr. starts to get a little upset because he doesn't like my reasoning. I asked him if he rode. He says no. I tell him if he doesn't ride, then he couldn't possibly understand and I'd just save my breath.

So here I am at work, bike is in the parking lot, ankle is throbbing, and I couldn't be happier :thumbsup:

thats funny.

ankle sprains can be tuff to heal. i know from experience. most broken ankles heal quiker than what is called a 'high ankle sprain'. also turning outward sucks too, most turn inward which is a lil more natural. good luck and get better

You should have let him put it in a cast....Then a little Dremel Mod and you would have a specially designed shift hole in the cast so you can keep riding...

The sad thing is..Im not joking about this mod...I have seen it done on more than one occasion..

You should still be able to shift with a 'air cast' on...sorry that you hurt it :(

Dude that stinks! I feel your pain, I messed mine up like that running through Newark Airport trying to "catch" a connecting flight that my incoming flight arrived late for. Bottom line, it took over a year to finally quit throbbing. :(

Heal up dude.... If it takes to long just chop that **** off if it get's in the way of your riding:beerchug:

Back