Callipers upgrade

Pjpcardoso

Registered
Hello guys.
My busa is 2gen from 2010 with NO abs
I want upgrade my stock callipers.
What calippers are best?
And i want the best plug&play ones.dont want changing nothing.
Just off out the stock ones and put others.
What bikes (specify please)have same callipers.
I can buy a USED ones with little money.
I you guys know where they are selling please put link.
Thank you

If you want to be cost effective, change the pads, brake lines (to stainless steel) and the master cylinder. The stock Tokico and Brembos are sufficient as far as power. I have heard of people swapping out Kawasaki parts and GSXR 1K stuff, can't say how successful this is. There are plenty of brake threads here though, search on those.

I have a set of ZX14R calipers in good condition for sale. You'll want new pads but they will fit. Not the "best" caliper but certainly an upgrade over the busa. However like arch said that's not the weak point of our brakes.

Replacing calipers is the wrong place to start with brake upgrades.
Get a radial master cylinder, braided brake hoses and EBC HH sintered pads.
This will transform your brakes, you will be very happy!
I have braided brake hoses with separate hoses in the back out of master cylinder and brake pads brembo SC.it help about 50% more brake power.but i want MORE.
And i think because of the pads(they bit a lot) the stock rotor make vibrations.
I think the brembo or EBC rotors are best of OE rotors.dont you guys agree?

Like every one said above, But the tokico calipers have two large pistons, and two smaller ones. You can't tell this from the outside like gen 1 calipers.
Gen 2 Brembo abs calipers are all same size pistons, and better than tokico.
However you won't notice a improvement with out a GOOD MASTER CYLINDER!

Like every one said above, But the tokico calipers have two large pistons, and two smaller ones. You can't tell this from the outside like gen 1 calipers.
Gen 2 Brembo abs calipers are all same size pistons, and better than tokico.
However you won't notice a improvement with out a GOOD MASTER CYLINDER!
What you have in mind about master cylinder?
I dont want to make changes.
I want one "plug&play".
And i want to turn ALL right and left without touch in the iners

I believe If you go to a larger caliper and pistons and keep the master the same you will have less braking force. More pistons to move and a larger surface area to apply pressure to . New master first, then everything else I say

I have braided brake hoses with separate hoses in the back out of master cylinder and brake pads brembo SC.it help about 50% more brake power.but i want MORE.
And i think because of the pads(they bit a lot) the stock rotor make vibrations.
I think the brembo or EBC rotors are best of OE rotors.dont you guys agree?
Ok, so get yourself a decent radial m/cyl, more leverage =more power.
Re you rotors ‘vibrating’, check the floating rivets are free to rotate and not seized with brake dust.
To free up seized rivets, spray with brake clean and fit a bolt and nut through the rivet with LIGHT pressure on the rivet, but enough pressure to grip the rivet.
Slowly rotate the bolt while spraying liberally with brake cleaner. Work it back and forth until the rivet is freed up. Go around the rotor and do this to every rivet. You will be amazed at the difference in braking!

Ok, so get yourself a decent radial m/cyl, more leverage =more power.
Re you rotors ‘vibrating’, check the floating rivets are free to rotate and not seized with brake dust.
To free up seized rivets, spray with brake clean and fit a bolt and nut through the rivet with LIGHT pressure on the rivet, but enough pressure to grip the rivet.
Slowly rotate the bolt while spraying liberally with brake cleaner. Work it back and forth until the rivet is freed up. Go around the rotor and do this to every rivet. You will be amazed at the difference in braking!
I do that a few days ago.thats why i found the problem on my bike.i just tought it was motor problem.i search in the net about that and see lots of people doing want you said to me.and it help a lot with the noise.
But i think the rotor are damage.so i want a new ones.

As promised a RJ production .

6 mirrors total....
and I see all those retards riding without ANY mirrors around! (never understood why).

I would love to ride with your bike at some point to see how all those mods and weight savings feel...!(especially the brakes though...)!

Back