Calling out flicka

OK so here's the night question, what would Suzuki have to do/change to see you back on a busa?

I don't know a specific thing to answer that. They definitely need to get in the game technology wise. The plastics on a Gen II Busa are unnecessarily difficult to take off and install. That was by far my biggest complaint with the Busa. Heck, I don't even have to touch the plastics anymore to change the oil. Check this out... The filter and drain plug are right there.

12-Kawasaki-zx14-2.jpg

There's really no single thing that I think makes the 14R an overall better bike. It's a collection of small differences and refinements that really add up.

The next Busa needs more tech, more power, and better brakes. I think everything else is left to individual opinion.

12-Kawasaki-zx14-2.jpg

Taylor, I see your name down there. Anything you'd like to add?

I agree with what your saying, mirrors are great, brakes kick but, and it's very comfy.

I only had 2 issues with mine, the heat coming out the lower right side fairing, and I had some oil blow by, it would leak out the air box tube and drip on my mid pipes.

Paint was very good and so was body panel ailment, better then my ducati diavels for sure

I would probably still have mine if it were not for a overheating issue I had with it.

8 of us road down to moto gp in Indy last August, will stuck in race traffic the right side fan stopped working and bike overheated, put a new fuse in at the track but that night it stopped working again, so I parked the bike for the entire event, had to ride on the back of buddy's busa:laugh:

Well on the ride home the fan started working again, rode straight to my dealer, told them about the bike.

They told me sport bikes run hot, oh ok, this is my 26th bike, I know nothing about sport bikes :whistle:
After almost begging them to put a new fan assembly on and treating me very rude, I told them this will be the last time you see me. Issue got solved and bike got sold. Sticking with my beloved bmw now, treat me like a king, they understand its a toy and very much appreciate my business .

That's no good, Taylor. I haven't had any trouble at all with mine. There is a little heat, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount for such a mean engine just a few inches from my leg. Really no more than I felt on my Busa. I actually tried to see if mine would overheat last summer because it seemed to be running a little hotter than I thought it should on some milder days. I took it for about an hour long ride one day when the outside temp was 107. When I got home, I let it sit in the driveway and idle for a few minutes just to see what it would do. The coolant temp got up to 219 a couple of times, but never more than that. Since then, I've changed the stock coolant out for Engine Ice for the track, and it still seems to be doing fine.

I occasionally check for blow-by , but have never even seen a drop. After three track days and a handful of top speed runs, I guess if the oil were going to come out it would've done it by now. I know Brock was running zero weight oil and essentially tempting the bike to fail when he had his issue. I've been using Motul 10w-40 and it runs great.

Back