Are you really a motorcycle rider???

I just push to the driveway and sit on it and make funny noises with my mouth...

Ride as much as i can .
Dont ride in rain unless i get cought in it ..
ride all year round.
long trips short trips iron butts dont make no nevermind to me.

1. I guess I would have to say I am a mostly fair weather rider, if its below 40 or raining pretty good, I'll just love on it in the garage...
2. Last ride was day before yesterday...
3. Been riding since 1997, longest stint in the saddle at one time was a bit over 16 hours...Saddle Sore 1000
4. As you can see, I do like the long hauls, I rarely ride for less than 2 hrs.
5. Only time I ride to the next stopping point is for gas, food, or a smoke break.... not too many places to pose and look cool in my neck o the woods...:D

If it's 48 degrees or above i ride if it's raining when i plan to leave then not so much so but i will ride in rain and i don't have any rain gear cause i don't care cause well lets face it you can get air dried when your outta the rain the only time i have stopped is when there was hail

ANd i ride long distance also i don't care granted i don't get to ride that much cause of the farmer thing and my bike may look pretty also but i'm not afraid to get it down either

Its really nice to know that most of us are really just plain old motorcycle riders!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think that is what attracts us to the hayabusa.:cool:

for me the longest ride was back in hmmm...1986 I ride from kansas Mo.~to Houston Tx. was around 800mi...I left in Dec 31 midnight, I couldn't speed too much because of the snow...
That was the worst conditioned weather and longest ride for me so far...
argue.gif

And If the weather allows? I like to make a ride enjoyable...not to having a pain from the cold and all that...I've done some of bad weather ridings but, after when I through all that? To me it doesn't prove anything and was too dangerous for my health...to me riding? is have to be pure enjoyable hobby no more no less...

<!--EDIT|ricebuzz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142784589 -->

i ride every chance i get! work or play, it doesn't matter to me. i get cranky when i'm sitting in a cage.
mad.gif

1. Rain doesn't bother me. Snow and ice does (and salt) I went all season with my old Yam, salt killed it. Busa has only been taken out a few times this winter, and be religiously cleaned inside and out after the ride.

2. Yes, oh yes.

3. Got my licence when I was 24, so that'll be 11 years. Never got round to doing it before, late starter but making up for it now.

4. Tend to commute mostly, always like to have a purpose to my journey, aside from getting a grin. Wanna go touring in Europe this summer.

5. nope, but I can't help kocking the throttle when sitting at lights. mwaahaaahaahaaaa

I am not much on short rides. I need to have somewhere to go. I try to ride as many Long Distance Rallys as I can each year, or just practice for'em. Example: This Wensday I plan a trip out to Guymon, Ok and back (530 miles) to start getting in shape for a rally next month  
biggrin.gif
. Other than that, I generally plan on a trip somewhere to go to some restauant (ex: here to KC to Ruth Chris Steakhouse) and back. Most restaurant trips are 140 to 300 miles round trips ! Other than that, I really don't enjoy just tooling around on a bike going no where to do nothing  
ss011.gif

1) It's almost always fair weather around here. Well, except when there's typhoons. That's not-too-fair-weather.

2) Nope. Crashed in April 04 and am currently rebuilding. Will eb riding this year, though.

3) Started riding in 03.

4)Long hauler, short hauler, whatever hauler. If it's paved and I can ride it, I'm there.

5) Nope. Hate stopping to look cool/"wait for other riders to show". Got real old real fast. I'd ride for 6 hours straight when given the chance. Hell, I'd go on longer if I wasn't on an island.

It seems most of us are very adult about the way we ride. Good to know we dont have alot of wheelie stoppie look at me stunting types.

1:Are you mainly fair weather riders?
Nope, I try an ride all year long as long as the road conditions permits.

2:Do you even ride currently at all?
Yes

3:How long have you been on a bike?
A little over 10 years.

4:Are you a long hauler or??
Yes, Going cross country again this summer and into Canda again.

5:Do you're have you bike to ride to the nearest stopping point to look cool? (we all know that some are)
Yup, guilty as charged. I like the company of good friends to shoot the s h i t at the local starbucks.

Let’s see.
1. I hate riding in the rain, but cold or hot no problems.
2. I would like to say a ride a lot mostly in the summer; I have a 04 with some 21,000 plus miles on it now.
3. Been riding motorcycles since I was 18, never have owned anything but sport bikes, but boy have they changed!
4. I like the long rides 450 to 700 miles are great!
5. Will do if for the right reason, need show the HD guys what a sport bike looks like from time to time, puts a little ruffle under there feathers.

I was thinking about what kind of riders we mostly are. Me myself I ride the longer hauls and love mass mile trips. Not much for track days.
Mostly. I've been caught in the rain a couple of times.

Of course... why else would I have a Busa?

From 1978 to 1990. Break from riding. Then Dec. 2005 to present

4:Are you a long hauler or?
rock.gif
?
The longest haul was Los Angeles to Vegas... I liked it though!

5:Do you're have you bike to ride to the nearest stopping point to look cool? (we all know that some are)
It's a Busa isn't it?

I have shown up to show a house to clients on the busa.
I ride from 40ish up.
Only ride in the rain if it can catch me.
I at least sit on it once a day if I can't ride it.
I try to stay between 60-130
I can get on it and find my self hundreds of miles from home.

I make an effort to keep the bike dry but...won't let "scattered showers" stop me.

obligatory "yep".

cumulative ownership....right about 28 years.

Bought my last slightly used FZ1 over the net...flew one-way outta west palm beach, florida wearing alpinestar boots with tourmaster saddlebags and helmet as carry-on's..landed in Newark, NJ...bought the bike and rode it 1,275 miles back home to florida...answer?...yes.

5:Do you have you're bike to ride to the nearest stopping point to look cool? (we all know that some are)

No. But been known to do that as well.....like a junky?...I gotta get my fix a few times a week...and at times?..it's just a matter of taking what I can get when I can get it.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

1:I will ride in the rain IF I HAVE too but won't go out in the rain. I like good weather.
2:Yes
3:Street Bike for 3yrs but have been riding motorcycles in general now for 18 or so yrs I'm guessing
4:I like long trips if I have a group of riders and am not just alone.
5:no I have my bike because I like to ride and feel "free"
wink.gif

I ride whenever possible. The only thing that will stop me from riding is ice on the road.

YES

On and off for around 23 years

I love to just get on "My Baby" and ride. I have done some 10 hour days just to have lunch somewhere. So Yes, I am a long hauler.

5:Do you have you're bike to ride to the nearest stopping point to look cool? (we all know that some are)
No, I have my bike to ride whenever I can. Looking kool is good, but if you can't ride the bike comfortably, then whats the use...

Mine is a daily commuter.............20 miles to work one way and my fav choice of transportation. Unfortunately I have my limits........the thermometer must say 32 degrees or warmer before I ride in the morning, and there must be no snow forecast or on the roads. So far Colorado has been kind.......I've ridden to work at least half of the time during the winter months!
I've been in plenty of downpours, but try to avoid the serious ones. I was caught in a hail storm once and it hurt like a son of a gun..............had to turn around and wait for it to pass.

Got my cycle license the same day as my drivers license 28 years ago!

I Love my bike!
biggrin.gif

Back