Calling out all engine builders or people in the know

Lillblack

Registered
Ok I have completed this phase of my turbo build, and will like to go into the engine next year. ATM I'm keeping my bike at under 250HP because I don't want to damage my engine. My turbo is a GT28 dual ball bering. I will like to build a engine that can handle 350-400 hp. The only parts I have ATM are the Wossner 9:1 pistons kit, the Carrillo rods, rcc water/methonal kit, MTC lockup clutch kit, high flow oil pump gear, and a .80 spacer. I will like to get this bike ready for the Texas mile, dragging and use it for a daily rider. If I where you what parts you put in your bike? Also porting is it worth it?

Thank you for tacking your time to help me out

The list looks pretty good. You will need a set of adjustable cam gears as spacing up the cyclinders will move your cam timing a bit. Also a set of HD valve springs, and titanium retainers.

For the power your shooting for the money spent for porting vs. hp gained is not really worth it. There's countless number of 4-500hp stock head/cams turbo busas running around that can back that up. My personal bike made 428hp with nothing else but valve springs.

The list looks pretty good. You will need a set of adjustable cam gears as spacing up the cyclinders will move your cam timing a bit. Also a set of HD valve springs, and titanium retainers.

For the power your shooting for the money spent for porting vs. hp gained is not really worth it. There's countless number of 4-500hp stock head/cams turbo busas running around that can back that up. My personal bike made 428hp with nothing else but valve springs.

Is that $$ vs porting only good for minor builds? If I remember right good porting will give about 25 hp. I don't remember what the cost was due to the build all being at the same time. So if you are doing a turbo you are going to gain enough already to where you dont need to waste the cash for that little extra hp right?

I wouldn't say it's wasted money, a gain is a gain. Your always are going to make a little more power depending on how extreme the port job is.

If this build was for class racing, or serious competing, I would say port for sure. But if that was a case he would probably be using a larger frame turbo which would benefit much more from a ported head.

But in most cases when I have someone walk in wanting a stage 2 turbo, I don't recommend it. If they want it then sure. At those power levels you can always make up for the 15-20hp gain by bumping the boost a pound or two. Take that extra money and put it towards an ultra plenum, or meth kit. That's what I would suggest.

Last edited:
Im running s2000 injectors with high HP external fuel pump atm. I will like to run E85 one day in my bike maybe after engine build.

Running an fmu? You won't see 350-400 unless you go to big injectors and boost compensate with a power commander, or your best bet is to run secondaries.

Running an fmu? You won't see 350-400 unless you go to big injectors and boost compensate with a power commander, or your best bet is to run secondaries.

Im running a bazzaz zfi-tc, my FPU is a aeromtive unit, I have secordiers and my boost controller is AMS1000. I Do not have a Megasquirt

Here are the parts and labor I was looking into for the engine build but was 2 far out of my price range. I only need 400HP max

Adjustable cam sprockets 105/105, 168
Hayabusa Cam Chain 72.00
Engine and case studs 159+89
New bearings throughout motor 200
Cut Tranny, 250
HD Billet Output Shaft, 350
Crank Case lightening, 250
Headporting, 1mm over stainless steel exhaust valves 1295+139
Cams(probley want be adding them)
Labor 1500-?

Im running a bazzaz zfi-tc, my FPU is a aeromtive unit, I have secordiers and my boost controller is AMS1000. I Do not have a Megasquirt

Alright, didn't see that. That should work, although to be honest I don't think the s2k injectors will get you where you want to be as far as hp.

Where you getting your prices from on all the stuff? Ape?

90% of the prices are from APE, 10% are from people who I have talked to. When I sit down and look at it, if APE had a drop off and pick up program I would go with them for my, but they don't so I want.

APE's Pro Mod studs are not as good as the ARP cylinder studs; titanium retainers are not necessary, but nice; porting a turbo head and going oversize valves at least on the exhaust side is a plus, as is a set of cams . . . although we were able to get over 600 rwhp with stock cams, ported head and oversize valves on a standard Ultra with a GT35R . .:laugh:

APE's Pro Mod studs are not as good as the ARP cylinder studs; titanium retainers are not necessary, but nice; porting a turbo head and going oversize valves at least on the exhaust side is a plus, as is a set of cams . . . although we were able to get over 600 rwhp with stock cams, ported head and oversize valves on a standard Ultra with a GT35R . .:laugh:

Frank, What's torque numbers are you getting?

Frank, What's torque numbers are you getting?

I made 602 rwhp at 327 ftlbs torque @ 38 pounds of boost on C16 with NO timing pulled. That is a regular Ultra street bike with stock cams that now has over 8,000 miles on the kit, runs flawless and I don't want to touch it. I just keep putting gas in it and changing the oil and the rear tire every season . . .:laugh:

I made 602 rwhp at 327 ftlbs torque @ 38 pounds of boost on C16 with NO timing pulled. That is a regular Ultra street bike with stock cams that now has over 8,000 miles on the kit, runs flawless and I don't want to touch it. I just keep putting gas in it and changing the oil and the rear tire every season . . .:laugh:

Wow that's a lot of power! Sorry for thread jacking black. Cheers

Back