buying a busa

broeresbusa

Registered
i will be picking up a 08 this week.a couple of questions. i want to change the stock exhaust.any suggestions.also any problems i should know about with the busa.i have always owned kawasakis.thanks for the help

:welcome:
Your options are many and great. What is it you want to achieve from the exhaust is the question?
I went with a Yoshimura full system for the weight loss/performance and finally looks and sound.
As far as issues, there is a recall notice on the rectifier/regulator and an issue with a clutch bolt potentially working itself loose.
Hit the Gen II thread and do a search within for a world of info/answers and ideas!

So, in keeping with tradition, you will need to post up some pictures of this said 08' otherwise this conversation did not happen nor do you exist.:laugh:
:welcome: none the less...

thanks.as soon as she is home will post pics.as for as the exhaust.i want a single sided pipe.not ridiculously load but not stock .

:welcome: to the org!:cheerleader:

welcome to the club.

have fun with your new ride. hit the search to find out about exhaust. you can drop up to 50lbs with a very nice exhaust. :thumbsup:

Exhaust? What do you want slip-ons or full system? There are plenty of choices. Welcome and have fun.

Welcome to the family! Don't worry about issues, if you take care of your busa, she'll take care of you! They're very reliable if well maintained. You have a ton of exhaust options, depending on how much you want to spend. Brock's makes some great stuff for fairly cheap, there's a special on yoshi's right now for like $400, you could drop $2000 on a full akrapovic system, and some of these hoons like the kind of exhaust that uses a bov! Anything you want to do, we can help!

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: You'll have to make your own decision as far as exhaust, etc. IMHO slip-ons are expensive and provide some weight loss and in some cases maybe a better sound, and some additional ground clearance. Full exhaust is a little more expensive but offers additional weight loss, better sound and better performance. You need to check out the vendors websites and maybe make a few phone calls, but some of the systems only offer 5 RWHP while others offer as much as 15 RWHP. From my experience the more power the louder the exhaust. An additional little something to think about is that the lower HP systems don't require additional tuning with the Gen II if the factory O2 sensor can be used with it. If you go with performance I'd suggest ECU editing over a piggy back system.

thanks for all the info.i think i'm leaning towards the brocks. but i could change my mind.gonna try and see how the stock pipes are.but they look huge.and thats going to drive me crazy.

:welcome: Welcome i just got an 08 Busa for my first one LOVE it, it came with the leo vince 421 full system, i love the sound and performance :cheerleader: welcome to the cool club :whistle:

Back