Busa's they can't hang curves!

There's one word for effortless cornering on the busa..."Countersteering"
smile.gif

tell him to get his punk as in the weight room.  I threw my busa around for bout 6 hrs today dragin pegs scrapin shoes eating tires and i feel damn good. Guy was tellin me i should take it easy cause i was bout to scrap my crank case.  But then id be doin just what he wanted, ridin the busa slow as hell fallin into the sterotype
Ummm... The quote was from my "punk ass", not his...
Oh sorry man didnt know but ahh......GET YOUR PUNK AS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM
muscle.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm by no means a hard core sport biker...only sport bike I've ever even been on is the one sitting in my garage right now, but I have to say I do get sick of the comments slung at Busa riders by other sport bikers. Most of 'em have never been on a Busa, but they seem to know every single thing about 'em, and inevitably they turn to the handling of the Busa and have said everything from "they only go well in a straight line" to "they can't corner at all"
wink.gif

I'm very new to twisties, but I've been behind 1/2 dozen other Busa riders that were leaning so far, I thought they'd fall right over. I've got friends that race their Busas on track days at Phillip Island and leaned so far over in the corners, they scraped the fairings...I've tried to argue back with the guys, but having never been on any other sport bike, it's not fair for me to even try to judge what their bikes can do over mine...

I do think, though, that if anyone's going to talk sh*t, they should at the very least be the owner of/ or previous owner of a Busa, then tell everyone it can't do this or that...it's kind of amusing really...we all own awesome machines, many oggle them when they see 'em, but then there are those that just like to talk sh*t as if you've purchased the biggest, most cumbersome piece of equipment ever made...
mad.gif

Ah, maybe it's just jealousy...
laugh.gif
I don't put much thought in it anymore...try to show my admiration for all that ride and hope they show the same respect over trying to show off about things they don't really know much about...
blush.gif

...and there's nothing more true than rider experience in each and every instance of "my bike can do this and yours can't"...

Rev said it...been saying it for a long time...it's soooo true, even if I'm one of the more inexperienced...
tounge.gif

I do ok in the curves, I love to ride the Busa and I do hold my own. But I will not lie I do know there are a bunch of riders that can kick my ass in the curves. But with a busa I make up for what I lack in talent in the curves on the straights. Go on and roll me in some of the curves but watch out in the sweepers and straights because I will feed them to the Busa!! I love this thing!!!
jump9.gif

I saw potential in the Busa's ability to perform in the twisties and I set my bike up specifically for that. Even after the extensive upgrades it cant hold a candle to the light feel and flickabilty of one of the litre bikes. At the same time though, the only place the litre bikes can make any ground on me is in the "chicane like" turns where you have to switch directions fast. There are two turns like that on Rt. 211 and 33 west, other than that I'm right with 'em.

And brings us to close another episode of the "Busa Limits"...

hehe get me out there with some 208GPs and I will eat any 1000,
and "Ahm Noyt Skeered!!!"

Only time I was out ridden in the past 2 years was by Discreet 007 this April in Ct.
He was on a nicely modded Busa.
And I haven't heard a thing from him since.
No post or anything,he just faded away.

After reading all the posts, I'm thinking some of you are confussed between FAST and FUN? Your busa is definately fun in the corners but fast in the corners it's not. Any decent rider on any of the big four liter bikes will give you a serious spanking. Especially the guys with mods that make serious HP. Your busa won't even hang with the 600's on the track. Just a fact of life guys, the busa is a fun corner bike, not a fast corner bike. I'm sure some of you will think I'm blowing smoke? If you have doubts, go to the track and see for yourself. The canyons are not a very good test of bikes. The guy in the lead is usually the guy with the lowest IQ no matter what he is riding? Anyone who rides at 100% in the canyons, when a mistake can easily send you to the promissed land, is not the brightest bulb on the tree! If you want to test your bike as well as your skills, go to the track where you have kitty litter and air fence to cushion your crash as well as a wide veriety of skilled liter bikers to compete against!

Its totally the rider and a good set of skins(tires) help, you should have known from his statement I thought about gettin one of those to keep out of trouble in the curves [/QUOTE] what was up.I live for the twisties and the BUSA does well in them!

<!--EDIT|jetset
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099062183 -->

My 2 cent's, if you take the time to set your busa up for the twisties it makes all the difference in the world.  No, riders with equal skill or better can still out corner a busa simply because of the laws of physics.  All I'm saying is that with the mods that I have done so far (Lindeman Front end, Penske (check spelling) rear with height adjustment (raise 1 inch via dog bones if you don't have the Penske or the height adjuster on the Penske) and high and low speed rebound and compresion adjustment, shorten the wheel base by in inch (shorten the chain) sticker tires (for me Pereli Dablos for the the street and Corsa's for the track) lighter wheels (my last mod for my bike), shaving off weight (exahust change and anything else) and finally better brakes (Gafler Wave rotors front and rear with Gafler gold pads along with steel braid lines) oh change the steering dampner (Ohlins for a gxer 750 works great and it's cheap) total cost out of my pocket including the price of the wheels $5,150.00 for a bike that will always provide excitement, reliability, stability, looks and fun for years to come. And all I have to say now about the liter bikes and the 600's at the track is yes they can go into a turn faster but I'm generally on there ass if not passing them coming out of the turn.  My 2 cents.

My 2 cent's, if you take the time to set your busa up for the twisties it makes all the difference in the world. No, riders with equal skill or better can still out corner a busa simply because of the laws of physics. All I'm saying is that with the mods that I have done so far (Lindeman Front end, Penske (check spelling) rear with height adjustment (raise 1 inch via dog bones if you don't have the Penske or the height adjuster on the Penske) and high and low speed rebound and compresion adjustment, shorten the wheel base by in inch (shorten the chain) sticker tires (for me Pereli Dablos for the the street and Corsa's for the track) lighter wheels (my last mod for my bike), shaving off weight (exahust change and anything else) and finally better brakes (Gafler Wave rotors front and rear with Gafler gold pads along with steel braid lines) oh change the steering dampner (Ohlins for a gxer 750 works great and it's cheap) total cost out of my pocket including the price of the wheels $5,150.00 for a bike that will always provide excitement, reliability, stability, looks and fun for years to come. And all I have to say now about the liter bikes and the 600's at the track is yes they can go into a turn faster but I'm generally on there ass if not passing them coming out of the turn. My 2 cents.
Sounds like a sweet set-up!
beerchug.gif
Got pics?
rock.gif

After reading all the posts, I'm thinking some of you are confussed between FAST and FUN? Your busa is definately fun in the corners but fast in the corners it's not. Any decent rider on any of the big four liter bikes will give you a serious spanking. Especially the guys with mods that make serious HP. Your busa won't even hang with the 600's on the track. Just a fact of life guys, the busa is a fun corner bike, not a fast corner bike. I'm sure some of you will think I'm blowing smoke? If you have doubts, go to the track and see for yourself. The canyons are not a very good test of bikes. The guy in the lead is usually the guy with the lowest IQ no matter what he is riding? Anyone who rides at 100% in the canyons, when a mistake can easily send you to the promissed land, is not the brightest bulb on the tree! If you want to test your bike as well as your skills, go to the track where you have kitty litter and air fence to cushion your crash as well as a wide veriety of skilled liter bikers to compete against!
For what your supposed to do on the street your (600 or litre bike) is not going to leave me , if your on the track that maybe true but maybe you miss understood.
I am just having fun it maybe diffrent on the track but I don't go to da track.
smile.gif

You always got to listen to mama"You gotta pick your battles before you just start fighting"
umnik.gif

I'm no kneedragger just kinda agressive ... I have had a similar comment made to me once or twice... just makes me have a big grin.
biggrin.gif
it's good to be on a busa.

You can puff your chest up all day and brag about spanking a GSXR 750 on the back roads with your mighty busa and you may get some busa owners to believe their busa is a gift from heaven designed by the gods for carving corners? However, the beast is to big and clumbersom to compete. If I were you, I would not bet the farm that you can out perform even the scrappy little GSXR-600 on your mighty busa! Your busa is fun in the corners, not fast! If you have never been to the track to watch or ride with skilled riders you are in for a real disappointment with your beloved busa! I'd be willing to bet hard cash if you bring your mighty busa to the track, little 18 year old Mitchel Pierce will lap you on his GSXR 600 in a 12 lap race! Doug Poland came to our local track and set the track record on a GSXR 750 street bike. Wasn't even set up for racing. Love your busa, enjoy it, have fun on the twisties, hang with the local guys on the corners, give them a hard time about hanging on their tail light through the turns but if you are a wise man, you'll keep your money in your wallet if some guy you don't know on a 750 wants to run you through the corners on a bet. No intelligent rider is going to push the envelope on the streets. NOBODY! So it's a lude point to argue your skill level if you have never spent a day on the track, nor had any instruction from a professional. You really don't know what your skill level is until you are placed in an environment where there are no cars, no intersections, no furry critters, no oncoming traffic just in case you drift over the white line through a corner, no guard rails and no police! The track is the only place you can go to push your skills to the limit. Treat yourself to a day at the track and I guarantee you'll come away with a completely different attitude about yourself as well as your beloved busa!

You can puff your chest up all day and brag about spanking a GSXR 750 on the back roads with your mighty busa and you may get some busa owners to believe their busa is a gift from heaven designed by the gods for carving corners? However, the beast is to big and clumbersom to compete. If I were you, I would not bet the farm that you can out perform even the scrappy little GSXR-600 on your mighty busa! Your busa is fun in the corners, not fast! If you have never been to the track to watch or ride with skilled riders you are in for a real disappointment with your beloved busa!  I'd be willing to bet hard cash if you bring your mighty busa to the track, little 18 year old Mitchel Pierce will lap you on his GSXR 600 in a 12 lap race! Doug Poland came to our local track and set the track record on a GSXR 750 street bike. Wasn't even set up for racing. Love your busa, enjoy it, have fun on the twisties, hang with the local guys on the corners, give them a hard time about hanging on their tail light through the turns but if you are a wise man, you'll keep your money in your wallet if some guy you don't know on a 750 wants to run you through the corners on a bet. No intelligent rider is going to push the envelope on the streets. NOBODY! So it's a lude point to argue your skill level if you have never spent a day on the track, nor had any instruction from a professional. You really don't know what your skill level is until you are placed in an environment where there are no cars, no intersections, no furry critters, no oncoming traffic just in case you drift over the white line through a corner, no guard rails and no police! The track is the only place you can go to push your skills to the limit. Treat yourself to a day at the track and I guarantee you'll come away with a completely different attitude about yourself as well as your beloved busa!
I hate to tell ya but i have seen people at the track with busas hang at the track with the the rest of the bikes. Yes the busa was slower in the turns but would smoke everything in the straights. It really all depends on the track too. i mean if a track is nothing but turns yes the smaller bikes could lap the busa but if it has a few nice straight aways, the busa has plenty of time to catch up from being lapped in corners. At the track here, the busa gets beat in the corners due to it taking longer to stop they ahve to start stopping sooner then the rest so they get passed, as soon as they get to the straight aways the busa passes everyone else and then it is back to the corners again. The busas here that I have seen at the track here hang just fine in the corners.

you know the sad thing is most of the older bikes designed for the track werent much different in size and weight of the busa today, yet noone said that they couldnt get into turns, wonder why that is, people say the busa can't corner because it has a longer wheelbase and is a little bit heave then most. The 1992 suzuki gsxr 750 was 459 lbs dry and had a 1435 mm wheel base. the busa is 474 dry and 1485 mm wheelbase, but also has about 60 more BHP. so compared to todays smaller bike yes there is a big difference, but compared to the opld bike that used to race the track everyday, they are pretty close.

you can set a busa up for corners as well, shorter siwng arm, raise the rear a little, 180 tires vrs the 190 on them.

Back