Busa's they can't hang curves!

Dabusaman

Registered
I get ready to go for a ride today and a guy on a gsxr 750 tells me I thought about gettin one of those to keep out of trouble in the curves I mean. I just let it pass so we go for a ride when we get done he looks at me pretty sharp and says man that thing will hang a curve every time I turned around there was that cyclops all over me. I guess it really is in the rider.
I would have been in front but I really didn't know where we were. Just wanted to share that with you guys thought it was kind of funny.
face7.gif

He HE...  Some of these folks out there have NO IDEA how to make these things work or what the hell a Sportbike is really for.   True the Busa is not a pure SuperSport, but it's still got plenty of ability...

Perfect example was this morning on the Way to GJoker's place. I caught up to a Dude "Attempting" to ride an R1...  We are in some twisties, and there was NOTHING the poor guy could do with me in the corners...  Funny as hell,I tailed him for about a mile, he kept ridding in his mirrors leaning that R1 over, working the throttle till he ran it wide in a corner crossing the center line. I took that as an invitation so I went ahead and passed him on the inside and left him scratching his head...

The dipsh!t could wheelie just fine...  Just couldn't ride for Shid...  Pure Buckethead!!!  Then he thought he had something for me in the straightaways...  and he got seriously fuggin owned.  R1 May be fast, it's still the sexiest thing coming out of Japan...  But there was nothing this guy could do, tucked down low to his tank with his t-shirt flapping or not....  Last I saw he was a rapidly diminishing speck in the mirrors...

It's the rider, not the bike....

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098657617 -->

Way to repsresent Dabusaman and Rev ... true that ... it's all about rider skills. The Busa can take care of itself with the right pilot!

People really get surprised at how well the busa handles. Especially on bumpy roads that make the lighter bikes
twitch and bounce all over the place.

You just need to put a bit more effort into getting the busa thru the twisties than you might on a 750.

Guys at work noticed there were just whispers of chicken strips on my tires and said, "wow.......that thing must do OK in corners!!!!"

Ha!!!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Thanks for the post DaBusa!!!

I'm cuttin' and pastin' part of a post I made on the 10 board after bein' asked to compare the busa to the 10. The guy who asked me to compare them also came from a busa so it wasn't a "blast the bus" thing. He was just curious as to my take on it.

This pasted portion is the best way I know to put it. I basically said the same thing Rev did earlier. If you know how to work the busa, it handles pretty well in the twisties. I just said it a little differently, or maybe just used more words.
wink.gif

In the twisty stuff and corners, the 10 is a dream. It's shorter wheelbase, lighter weight and lower, more centralized balance shows again there. It almost seems like I'm thinkin' the 10 through the corners where I had to work the busa to get 'er through. The busa will handle a lot better than most folks give them credit for if you know how to work 'em and don't mind the extra work. For me, though, it is MUCH easier to make the 10 work in the twisties than it was for me to make the busa work there. I'm also less fatigued after an evening of throwin' the 10 around than I was after throwin' the big girl around in the corners.

Took more work in the form of bodysteering to make the busa lean on over in the tighter stuff. It tried quite a bit harder to stay upright and resist leanin' in. It was simply doin' what it's chassis was designed to do. Be stable as hell... The long wheelbase and the weight are great for that purpose but it don't do a lot for hittin' the twisties. I won't say the busa sucked in the twisties because it didn't. I'm just sayin' that it was harder for me to ride fast in the twisties on it than it is on the 10. The busa does damned good in the twisties considerin' the fact that it was not designed for that type of ridin' but rather for super stability at ultra high speeds. I never really felt handicapped on the busa in the mountains, I just knew that a litre bike which was designed for road racin' rather than top speed stability would be easier to ride fast. Since my main interest is in the twisties now I decided to try the litre bike thing out. Couldn't be happier.

I'd still like to have a busa for a project bike. It'll have to be a second bike to my 10 though. I'm lovin' hittin' the twisty stuff on it. Can't give that up![/QUOTE]

tell him to get his punk as in the weight room. I threw my busa around for bout 6 hrs today dragin pegs scrapin shoes eating tires and i feel damn good. Guy was tellin me i should take it easy cause i was bout to scrap my crank case. But then id be doin just what he wanted, ridin the busa slow as hell fallin into the sterotype

IMAG0011.JPG

the flat spot in the middle of the tire is from my trip to the drag strip

I always tell everyone that the only people that think a busa can't handle are the ones that don't own them. They know they cant touch it in the straight aways so they feel they need to slam it in the corners. I have never met a busa owner that says it can't handle. I like the saying someone has on here "If my bike can't handle, why can't yours keep up?" I can't rember who has that sig line.

I havent had any troubles in the twisties with the Busa. Not even on long group rides with some friends. Personally i think i got the best of both worlds. Some nice handling and so killer straight line get up and go.

I don't have a whole lot of twistie time, but I do enjoy it. I plan to get more seat time ridin' like that and don't think Baby J will have any trouble. It might take a little more work than the litre bikes, but when I can stick with 'em in the corners and blow 'em away on the straightaways I'll have an even bigger smile on my face than I usually do! And there will always be those riders that I couldn't keep up with on their worst day, but that's just life!

Jeezus... If the Busa takes so much more work, Your Fuggin getting it wrong. No It won't "Flick" like a tiny little Supersport, but other than that it will do exactly what you tell it, more effort than a 600 maybe, but it's not like you need some kinda of heroic effort.

If it's wanting to stand up in the corners, it's your own inputs causing this. The Busa will hold a line, stay where you tell it to and accept mid-corner inputs without much fuss. It's true the length of the Busa slows it in the real tight stuff and it want's to stand up if your braking a bit but it's allways composed and capable Street bike. NO special Drama, NO Fuggin "heroics" required...
laugh.gif

tell him to get his punk as in the weight room. I threw my busa around for bout 6 hrs today dragin pegs scrapin shoes eating tires and i feel damn good. Guy was tellin me i should take it easy cause i was bout to scrap my crank case. But then id be doin just what he wanted, ridin the busa slow as hell fallin into the sterotype
Ummm... The quote was from my "punk ass", not his... And yes, I need to get back in the weight room...

...but you guys are takin' it all wrong. You're goin defensive when there's no offense intended. I didn't say it took a heroic effort from a man of steel to ride the busa hard in the good stuff, I simply said it was/is easier to ride the 10 hard on the same roads, and for me it is. I can tell a difference in how tired I am after a day of ridin' the 10 as opposed to a day of ridin' the busa. It's just my take on it. Orf course your mileage may (and obviously does) vary...

Maybe my fitness level is not what yours is... Maybe my ridin' skills are not what yours are... Maybe I was "doin' it wrong". I don't know... All I know is how both bikes felt to me. I'm sure it's different for everybody. I simply laid it down like I saw it. No baggin' on the busa and no praisin' the 10, just givin' the guy what he asked me for... my take on the differences between the 10 and the busa. That's it... MY TAKE. No need to get all defensive and defend the busa. It wasn't, and never will be attacked by me. I know what a great bike it is...
rock.gif

Jeezus... If the Busa takes so much more work, Your Fuggin getting it wrong. No It won't "Flick" like a tiny little Supersport, but other than that it will do exactly what you tell it, more effort than a 600 maybe, but it's not like you need some kinda of heroic effort.

If it's wanting to stand up in the corners, it's your own inputs causing this. The Busa will hold a line, stay where you tell it to and accept mid-corner inputs without much fuss. It's true the length of the Busa slows it in the real tight stuff and it want's to stand up if your braking a bit but it's allways composed and capable Street bike. NO special Drama, NO Fuggin "heroics" required...
laugh.gif
As I said in my reply to "him", maybe I was doin' it wrong...

I still think my quote was taken out of context here. I didn't mean that it just outright fought bein' leaned. What I meant, and apparently should have said was that it doesn't turn as quickly, as easily, or as aggressively as the 10. No surprise there because it wasn't designed to do so, right?
rock.gif

Ya'll know that I'd be the last person to blast the busa in any aspect. As I said above, I know what an awesome bike the busa is overall. The hard fact is that the supersports and superbikes are designed to handle more aggressively and therefore are easier to ride hard in the twisties than the busa, which was not designed to handle as agressively as the smaller, road race oriented bikes.

I didn't say anything that you yerself haven't said, Rev... Remember when I was talkin' about makin' the move to a litre and you basically said that they were race prepped bikes with lights on 'em? Yer point was mainly that they aren't as forgiving, or at least that was the message I got from yer posts. Still, doesn't it make sense that the race inspired bikes would handle better in the twisties?
rock.gif

I wasn't tryin' to say the busa was impossibly hard to ride fast in the twisties, I was sayin' that it was hardER to ride fast than the 10, and it was for me...

I have no problem bein told that I was doin' it all wrong with the busa. I very well could have been. I've never came on this board and claimed to be a great rider, or even a good one. I'm satisfied that I never got anywhere near the busa's limits in any aspect, except maybe load capacity with my big arse. I'm ok with bein' told that my doin' it wrong was why the busa took more effort to ride hard in the twisties. However, the fact is that the busa WAS harder for me to ride fast in the twisties. Therefore, when I was asked about my take on the differences I included that difference.

I'll definitely be more careful about what I post here on this topic in the future. I never imagined that what I wrote and quoted above would get taken this way.
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Take anything I say today with a grain of Salt Bro, I'm being a bitch... I wasn't aiming this at you specifically.  I mean yeah I think your off a little bit in a couple of aspects but then again your experiances on a busa ARE YOUR Experiances!  So there is real truth in what you say, So no worries Bro.  

You don't have to defend your position here, tell everyone to go fug themselves... Including me...  Likewise, I wouldn't spend so much time defending or sticking up for the Hayabusa in the ZX10R forum.  Fug em', 90% of folks are asking loaded questions, they are parroting the stupid shid they read somewhere or something "their Buddy said" at somepoint.  It's the same folks that think they are going to be faster out in the world because their bikes are 2/10ths faster in the 1/4, or have a 5 MPH higher topspeed, or lapped Willow Springs 1 second faster... just fuggin clueless.  

Yeah, And saying that a Busa is harder to work fast through the corners than a ZX10?  It's still a true statement I believe, I guess it was some of the details of Busa handling traits that just didn't sound right.  But like I said, your experiances are obviously different and you sound happier on your new sled, So cool enough...

BTW...  You get the $$$$?

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098712652 -->

Too funny.......tell him to be a man and ride the damn thing.
Last year I spent a few hours (on a 550 klm ride) carving with 3 1k's.......two of the riders were racers, one for most of his life, he was 44 years old and crazy..........there was not one place on the road he could pass me..........they all tried, not inflating my ego here just stating facts.
A few weeks before that I carved up the road from Whistler BC to Vancouver....about an hour with two 03 R1's.......this race made me laugh like hell, but they probably needed practice.
For me that was proof enough, that winning a race on any bike is rider ability, and experiance, so it would depend on who ya run into.
True though.....I'm sure it is way less work carvin on any liter bike.
I know it is on an 01 gix750.

Back