Busa vs. ZX-14

Go down to your local drag strip and see what the serious racer's choice of drag bike is... all day long... by a vast majority......It's a Busa.

I've seen two ZX14's at the track I go to....one wrecked, the other almost wrecked...twice, neither made a better time than mine...which isn't saying much...but still..:whistle:

still waiting for a significant busa update, which prolly won be in this decade as the bike still sells reasonably well.

If someone offered a replacement front ( 4 holes of chit) for that ugly bike in black I would consider it...

BB

Hey i have been riding since i was about 8 i am 15 now and i have ridden the hayabusa afew times (my father has one with 500hp that i ride on the track) and i also do moto cross but i was wondering how is the gas milage on a busa. becouse i am hoping to get one instead of a car in order to save on gas. an how much is much is the other general maintinace?

Hey i have been riding since i was about 8 i am 15 now and i have ridden the hayabusa afew times (my father has one with 500hp that i ride on the track) and i also do moto cross but i was wondering how is the gas milage on a busa. becouse i am hoping to get one instead of a car in order to save on gas. an how much is much is the other general maintinace?

NO....NO...NO....any money you save on gas you will more than make up in insurance premiums. Go on Geico, or any other online site and get an insurance quote for your age and come back with what you find... :laugh:

Unless your daily driver would be an ocean liner, you're not going to save any money once you factor in insurance and tire replacements on a Busa.

Agreed on tires and maintenance. I actually don't pay that much for insurance (IMO) but then again, I've had a clean record for the last 20 years, am creaping up on 40 years old, and live in the midwest. YMMV with record/age/location. If you want to save money on gas buy a scooter. heheh

Surprisingly enough, when I went in for the 600 mile service on my 2013 Hayabusa there was a black 2013 ZX-14 on the floor and the sales guy asked me if I wanted to take it for a test drive. I opened it up a bit on the straights nearby, but didn't get into the twisties at all. I honestly didn't feel like it was that significantly different from my 2013 Busa. Brakes were about the same now with ABS. Quite a bit better than my 2007 though. I found a false neutral between 5th and 6th which made me feel better about having the issue on my Busa. My 2007 had it from the start, but gradually got better. Hoping for the same on my 2013. All-in-all, wouldn't trade my bike for a ZX-14, but wouldn't turn one down if it were given to me either.

Gonz

Back