ZX-12r
0-100 1.9
0-150 3.7
0-200 6.5

Busa
0-100 2.6
0-150 4.8
0-200 7.9

All figures in Km/h and secs. Found it at Jeroens site. These figures are interpreted from a scanned image of a test done last year.

WRONG - go back and read again and you will find that the scanned image is from the current Dutch Motor Magazine test on the 12 where it tops out at 184. The Busa numbers were supposely from a test run in Spain last year by a magazine whose name was not provided and no scan was provided. Top speed Busa figures from that supposed test were provided as 187 and 194 weren't they? Geeze - will it EVER end?!

Fully agree there Erno, Motor makes a lot of errors with these test-data (another Dutchy here).

Not only that but they gather their data via a datalogging system with wheel speed sensor on the front wheel for which they input the front tire's circumference (they "measure" it themselves, my guess would be that probably using the numbers for same sized Metzeler from their tyre-bible would be even more accurate?) and then they use a guessed percentage of tire-growth at high speed for the top speed measurement.

Contrary to some trustworthy German and English mags they don't use timing-lights or radar-guns or whatever.

And then they also complained a lot that it was close to impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground, so what does that do for dependable data from the sensor on the front wheel.

I'm subscribed to this mag for over 20 years and by now I know the value of their data far too well.

BTW, couldn't care less if ZX-12 was quicker/faster/whatever more but these guys are incredible in the negative sense with posting 0-100 km/h in 1.9 second.
Anyone can see that this is nonsense!
(that's 0-62 mph or something to most of you)

Yeah, this is wierd, like schoolchildren arguing over their HotWheels cars. Go ride. Forgetaboutit. Let the ZX-12'rs whine if they want to, their bike is definitely no Busa-killer.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 19 March 2000).]

I once did a 0-60 on the 9R in -1.7 seconds.. MAN WAS THAT A RUSH! I couldnt believe that a stealth fighter actaully rear-ended me.. Ive got video coming soon, Fitch is doing some editing....

Oh Yeah! Well my big brother can beat up your big brother! You Kawa guys just hate to admit that the 12r isnt the bike that all the hype made it out to be. Even if it does take top speed honors it wont be by much. It wont be the blow out that Kawa HQ would like you guys to believe. Who cares anyway, how many of us will actually even attempt to go that fast. I bet you could count the victims on one hand. In the immortal words of Rodney King "Cant We All Just Get Along".

Keep It On One Wheel!

Hmmm.. we bought off on the high speed wobble, the dangerously flawed frame, and delivery delay till 2001 without an argument. But were're having trouble with the 1.9 0 to 62 mph time (and probably Jeff Bloor's dyno numbers). Am I missing something?

Incorrect poop- and in metric numbers to boot. Lord give me strength. The impossible, converted to the incalculable,high on the unfathomable.(Paracetamol??)

Friendly bunch. Sorry for posting those numbers guys. Maybe go and take some paracetamol for your premenstrual pain.

Coops those are patently wrong numbers and I'm surprised you would lend your credibility to them.

Your numbers are in kph. I'll convert @ .625.

Is the ZX12R, or any bike for that matter, going to be 36% faster than the GSX1300R from 0 - 60 mph, then 22 - 29% faster right up to 120 mph?

Do the bikes' weight-to-horsepower specs support that kind of result?

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 19 March 2000).]

Coops, Jeroen, I hate to rain on your parade but MOTOR-magazine has published wrong numbers before and I'm sure they did now.
Add about 1 second to those times you mentioned and you'll have the real times.

What next the Secret Video from Fitch?

Do you think the Zuk folks would really lie about the upcomming US mag shootout where the Busa takes all Honors?

The Busa is a very real bike, ya think?

Back