Busa safety question

BenWoj42

Registered
So im thinking about buying a new Busa. With my current bike now (07 zx6r) I can just grab my bag and head wherever I want such as work, school, or stores. The one thing I worry about getting a new busa is it getting stolen, especially since I go to school at wayne state (detroit). Does anyone think i'd be better off just keeping an zx6r, or upgrading to a zx10r and driving it around where I want rather then worrying about the busa? I say this because for some reason that busa symbol on the side of the bike just seems to attract everyone, where a lil 10r or 6r doesn't really show much flash.

I have full insurance on my bikes so that would help, but maybe an alarm as well? What are your thoughts?

Get a good alarm. Use it at the store. Cover the bike and put a rotor lock on it if you are going to be away from it for a while. Keep it in a garage if you can at home. I don't take my Busa to any malls. That is just asking to have it stolen.

As far as getting a ZX10, that would be stolen more quickly because it's lighter.

IMO I think if your going to get the BUSA ensure you get wheel locks and LOJACK, which is expensive but worth the money where you are. I hate a motorcycle thief, they are the scum of the earth. I had a friend get his bike stolen in south carolina and yes it was a BUSA (brand new 06 limited) so I'm sure detroit is not immune to the sickness. It dont take long for jokers to steal a bike so lock it up even if your only going to be a minute. Case in point; guy parked his bike andwent in a store, jokers rolled by in a minivan backed up opend the side door in wen the bike and off they went, all caught on the camera ouside the store. Good luck to you.

use the log chain with rotwieller attached mod...works for me every time... (rotwieller dont corner as well...)

All these posts about thievifery are making me even more paranoid than I already am. I always cover and wheel lock my busa for overnight hotel stays, as well as park as close to the entrance as possible. When I trailer it for track days I even put a lock on the hitch. I used to live near Detroit (Southfield and Dearborn), and I'm surprised your ZXR hasn't been stolen yet!

Alarm w/pager, lock and a CWP. :firing:

Oh yeah get a couple bags of rock salt and lime for the body.

Last edited:
Where you are ( I am very familiar with the area) you will have atempts on your Busa. Alarm NO it won't help it will just be ignored. By the time you get to it from class it would be gone. wait util you get off campus.

The best thing is to move out of that sewer hole called Detroit. I did and havn't missed it a bit. I have been to many places in US and Detroit is probably the worst and most depressing place to be. Good Luck!!

If you can't afford lo-jack there's plenty of GPS snitching devices that you can hide on the bike. When traveling with my bike I carry a 12' cable with a heavy duty lock and I will either lock my bike to something unmovable or to another bike.

You have to remember nothing is full proof and there is a way around everything but hopefully you will stop 99% of the thieves out there. :beerchug:

Back