\'Busa Roadracing!!

Hello all,

For those of you that think that the 'Busa is nothing more than a straight line missle, I dare you to come out to Seattle International Raceway this weekend 6/17-6/18 to witness my brother (Hangman) tearing up the roadracing course. It's a sight to behold! Only $8 to get in and the weather this weekend should be great.

Later,
Sidewinder

Rad Greaves finished 9th at road atlanta with a blown head gasket, after a lousy qual because of broken pipe, these monsters CAN get around a course if ya got the muscle to do it. GEEZ, they're heavy. '89 gixxer750 feels like a moped these days.

KH

BTW sidewinder, post an email address, my best friend lives in Kirkland and I'm flying up there sometime in July to see him. We'll hook up.

Rad placed 4th in formula xtreme at Road America! Awesome..

..the bike seem to be pretty chopped up and modified though.. too bad! Still! It's a busa!

Correct you are lantabusa, "if you got the muscle" she'll hang with anything.

well things didn't go as well as i hoped. the biggist problem was i got 2 hours of sleep and still a little hung over. the was my 1st mistake. 2nd was i never ran at s.i.r. and didn't know witch way the next corner was going to go. but all in all it was a good pratice day. just got one run in not 2 because of other riders ran off into the woods on the back section of the track and there was a 4 hour race that afternoon. so the 2nd run for us was cancelled. i will be out again on sunday (tomorrow) this time with a good nights sleep and no drinking.
i heard a 1.30 is a good lap time i was running around mid 1.50. the front tire looks like it will last one more day the rubber is really balling and felt like jello.
if anyone knows a good tire pressure to run i would like to hear from you i was at 30 f 35 r but will go upto 34 f down to 33 rear.

nothing like walking by everyone on that straight

yes i am running the stock foot pegs. the bike is totaly stock. , but tires.

sat. race day. it started out like s... rain in the morning had the track slippery. but it was good to go around slow to see the corners better. everyone was passing me like i wasn't moving. too much hp to hook up all i could do was sssslowwwww roll ons. by the time for the first race the track had dried somewhat. thats when it got good. i started in the 5th row at the start and when the green light came on ( i am an x drag racer )i jumpped to the 1st row and kept going at turn 2 i was 12 out 40 + bikes passing everyone i could. on the inside and one guy on the outside comeing out of turn 2 ( we bumped elbows on the exit )

2nd lap i was using my knee to keep the bike up around turn 3 and 4 . that bike is heavy. catching air in turn 8 . passing 3 and 4 bikes in the long straight.

lap 3 turn 1 and 2 were clean and fast. i was turning hi 1.40 went into turn 3 and thats when it happend. my knee gave out and i couldn't hold it up and the right side of the motor hit the ground . the only thing that went threw my mind was gas this %*&*&&&&
bike or you'll lose it. rolled on the throttle and the rear tire went away. f....
i low sided and went almost all the way to the tree line. i slid for so long i had time to kill the engine.

just the right can and body was hurt. went threw tech inspection again and got out there for the 2nd race. i ran this time with the lowers off. bigg mistake about 2/3 down the straight the air force was so great the it was lifting my helmet up and chokeing me.
i kept the speed down to feel the bike for any problems. eveytime i started to run her up the red flag would come out. i saw one guy get run over when he low sided in front of another. he wasn't moving when i went by. it wasn't good. it happend right were i went down. restart race. 2nd lap 4 more guys went down in turn 4 when i went by one bike was on fire. it really looked fu... up.
red flagged again. and they called the race.

all in all it was the best time.
i will be racing at spokane washington in july. so if anyone in the area wants to see me spank the busa come on out.

hangman 1300 on a blue busa

Rumor had it there was a Busa out there, but I only saw one that evening doing the drags. You running novice? I was out for the 4 hour endurance race and 450SS / SB. My team was running my Bandit 400, which put us up against 5 SV650's. Our best lap times were 1:53's, the SV's could pull 1:39's, so we kinda lost that one :) Sunday I wasn't sure if the rain would let up, so I bailed on those races. You'll like Spokane, it's nearly a 1 mile straight and I've had my Busa up to 180 while taking it easy. A friend of mine can nearly top out his Blackbird when he really gets on it, so you should make quick work of everybody else out there. I'll be out at Spokane, and Portland as well so look up #887 when your at the track.

Hangman, first thing you gotta do is get that huge asss stock exhaust off of there. Then take off those feelers. Then ditch the passenger pegs and get a mid mount hanger for the exhaust. Lose another 15lbs in useless weight on top of that and you'll never have that clearance problem again.
Also crank the preload up near max at both ends, that'll get rid of sag. THEN your ready to go kick some asss. Good luck bro.

Back