Busa #4 out of 8.-can\'t we all get along

OB_Bob

Registered
SuperBike Magazine Sept. '99
New SuperBike of the year testing. 8 Bikes not including the R1 (last years winner)
Road/Motorway/track testing--The track? Cicuit Val De Vienna (tight turns-decreasing radius)
Busa ranked 4th overall, the track with its tight turns definitely hurt the Busa. poop the Triumph Sprint beat it in the twisties.
Tough test since alot of different class bikes together, but interesting nontheless.

8. Bimota SB8R--Disgraceful--Busa outhandled this one even
7. Honda CBR600--yawn
6. Triumph Sprint-Superbike softie with attitude. really a sport tourer so is the 1300 whether you believe it or not.
5. Yamaha R6--Bad, bad, bad, boy.
4. HAYABUSA-Single minded straight liner.
3. Aprilia RSV Mille--Hard rock, Hard Core useability
2. MV Augusta F4 ORO-All that Glitters is gold
1. Yamaha YZF R7 OWO2--More race than replica.
The R7's are eating cranks! 7 in 6 races. Thats a problem
Score Card for Busa:
Desirability--4th, Motorway 1st, Track 6th, A-Road 5th, Overall 4th. Don't shoot at me about the results just the messenger.
WE ALL SHOULD GET ALONG ON THIS SITE:
Good example riding yesterday through a large nature preserve lots of open roads/woods/twisties-(80 degrees and beautiful outside.) Ran up on a couple guys one on a 1999 Triumph Daytona 1200 limited edition, the other on a H.D. Sportster. Stopped at a stop sign he asked about and complimented the Bus. We got to talking and agreed to switch bikes for 10 miles or so. It was O.K. The triumph was fun in a different way I miss once in while. Wind protection 1st off. More of a tourer, but still fairly nimble. Point is -- It doesn't have to be I can piss farther than you. Respect, compare, learn and most off for me--having fun.
Also rode a H.D. Heritage this weekend-Big Bike I don't see the interest in these things, but I respect those wanting to plunk down their hard earned cash-to each his own. Every Day doesn't have to be a day of make believe AMA racing on the road to enjoy myself.
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 18 August 1999).]

Connsidering the test conditions, requirements and purpose built bikes included in the test I think the Busa faired quiet well. R7 is so exclusive it could be considered a prototype and costs what 3 times as much as a Busa plus additional thousands for the race kit to get any power out of it? I think we should be flattered that they included the Busa in a test against bikes that aren't really in the same class - especially when tight twisty track conditions are used as testing criteria.
The Busa is still the best at what is was designed for.

I look forward to reading the article in detail. And I agree with Todd, but in different words.

It's nice to know that hardcore sportsbike journalists put the Busa in that company. In car terms, it's like saying our Ferrari 550 Maranello can hold its own on the track with Vipers, McLaren F1s and 911 Turbos.

I'm cool with that. If I'd wanted a 911 Turbo, I'd have bought an R1.

Back