Busa on hold again

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well, what can I say... the spouse cleared me to get the dirtbike and a new busa... As luck would have it my lawnmower died this weekend. I advised the wife the busa is on the hold again and I am looking at getting a new zero turn. I mow about 6 acres a week (parents lawn too) so I need something very dependable. My brother in law has a hustler and he loves it, I drove it tonight and it was fun as heck... Anyone with any personal experiences...

<!--EDIT|captain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148350995 -->

fastrak_image.jpg

Now do have a lawn,,,, or fields?
rock.gif

And does it need a tre??
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Screw the lawn and get a Busa!

No experience with that brand but my brother in law has a Gravely just like it. Does a good job mowing but thats all you can do with it. Cant pull anything with it. I use a John Deere 455 all wheel steer, does just as good and is more versitile.

Captain,
I am not sure how much you are planning on spending on that thing, but I bought a Craftsman GT5000 with a 54" deck this past year for about $2800. It is not a zero turn, but it does a wonderful job for probably a lot less than that thing.

I have a John Deer tractor with a finish mower and brush hog but this thing is faster than both...... Besides it has a cup holder..

Hey Captain,

Just wanted to let you know about a couple different types of mowers,check out grasshoppermower.com as well as cubcadet.com,these two brands are about the best you can buy for very heavy personal or light industrial use if you go with there higher end units.I have a quite a bit of rental equiptment experience and can tell you first hand when it comes to small engines you cant beat the honda engines especially there gx series which are in my opinion the most reliable on the market.But the kohler has proven to be just as reliable with a better multi stage air filtration system on there higher end units which is just awesome.Also I have only dealt with the kubota gas and diesel engines on a limited basis to date but they have also proven to be extremely reliable with a very long service life claimed on there diesel powerplant.The main engine I would tend to steer away from would be the briggs,they have gotten better over the years but are still lacking compared to the other brands mentioned,althought they hold up pretty well if properly maintained.Anyway I dont think you can go wrong with the cub cadet or the grasshopper,personally I prefer the grasshopper just because they tend to have beefier chassis,components and better quality bearings throughout.Anyway I hope some of this might be a help to you,if you need anything let me know I might be able to help out.Good luck,Nick.

Pour gas on the lawn then go buy a new bike...problem solved.
smile.gif
hahahahahahaha then I would just need an engine hanging from the tree and I would be the poster boy of a redneck..
I have some blocks and old cars if you need to complete the motif. Let me know.
biggrin.gif
I'll throw in an old Ford FE block and some old rims.

Man that mower looks like something Tim Taylor would drive. I have a Troy bilt tractor that has been solid for the last 6 years. I have a measly 1/2 acre to mow but it has a cupholder and cruise control so I am golden!
6 acres man that must cost ya $50 a week in just gas just to mow!

I have a John Deer tractor with a finish mower and brush hog but this thing is faster than both...... Besides it has a cup holder..
They are definately faster. My deere doesnt have a cup holder but it does have a beer holder
biggrin.gif
Hope I dont get arrested for mowing with open container

See if you can find one with a turbo! That'll give you a bit of thrill until you get the Busa.

ack...sorry to hear, Cappy.

Don't know much about riding mowers. I still use the push mower. Lasted me about a good 6 years so far.

Then again, I don't have 6 acres to mow.

Goats are cheap, can clear a yard in a day, and even eat the empty beer-cans you may have in the yard laying around - a true multipurpose investment if you consider you can milk them I think, and eat them if times get tight.
tounge.gif

Back