My First Busa Drag Bike Build, With 08 Tail.

Highway

Registered
Hello all this is my first drag bike build, Motor nothing fancy 1397 with intake cam mod, Brock sidewinder and 4 over extentions.... And for looks an 08 6 over tail on a 2000 Busa... Almost done need to cut the fairing for the pipe and bolt it all up.

I want to thank Rick from Ricks custom cycle for a great deal and help on the tail... My friend a local guy painted it for me.

What you guys think...

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. Don't cut the fairing yet, just trade the sidewinder in for a snell shell. Then cut for the dump pipe :laugh:

Looks great. Don't cut the fairing yet, just trade the sidewinder in for a snell shell. Then cut for the dump pipe :laugh:

Thanks guys,

I wish I could go Turbo but its not the time right now BUT in say 6 to 8 months O YES you bet.. I am even going to save the piece I cut of the fairing my friend can put it back to stock and paint it...
Plus I have not drag raced in 5 years so I need lots of practice, I took my B-King to the track last month and I sucked big time got better as the night went on.

Last edited:
looks like good progress. :thumbsup:

I have to ask... what's that black block thing on the right side or the cylider block and head?

looks like good progress. :thumbsup:

I have to ask... what's that black block thing on the right side or the cylider block and head?

Its a piece of foam that goes there so I guess the fairing dont hit the hose, I think...

I will be done today just got to do a few things first...

nice. i would add some length to go with that tail..:thumbsup:

I am at 4 inch over want to keep it that way till I go Turbo then 6 over..

I am done will post pics in a few days, man its been a chalenge nothing is easy, I was installing the pipe and I lost a spring had to tear the garage apart to find it...

Its good that your learning to drag on a 1397 because you can go pretty fast on that bike with a 40 dry shot. The turbo will be fun but much harder to learn to launch and alot more $$$

Back