Busa product development

(JET-A @ Mar. 21 2007,08:46) I got the Passenger seat with the backrest from Corbin.  Everyone who has sat on the back loves it compared to the stock seat.  I also like to ride with my kids.  Not only do they like it much better, but it also give me 100x more peace of mind knowing they will not go off the back if I get on the throttle a little.  I won't be giving mine up anytime soon.

I actually like the idea of the matching saddlebags on the bike.  I guess I am the only one that does??  My thinking is on for a trip, off for the normal riding.
The smuggler fits in place of your back seat and can be changed back and forth easily
cool.gif

The smuggler looks great with the bags, My only problem is that it wont clear my HMF high mount exhaust. I am planing a solo trip this summer and they would be great but I wont change the exhaust system to use them!

The Black Busa in the smuggler ad belongs to a .org member. It went down to Corbin in my trailer.
cool.gif

I have both the riders and passenger's seat from Corbin. The riders seat takes some breaking in and once it is broken in, it feels like it was made for me. Probably took 500 miles or so of riding to get broke in. The difference from the stock seat is unreal, I mean totally unreal. I also have the back rest with the glove box. Only time I put it on is when I really want my passenger to be super comfy. Would not believe how many ladies have told me that my Busa is more comfortable than a big Harley. I have one of those too! I can only thank you Corbin folks for that. If i ever sell this Busa, I will keep the Corbin seats for my next Busa. I will never own a Busa without Corbin seats on it!

RIMG0001.JPG

(Shanling @ Mar. 21 2007,12:38) I have both the riders and passenger's seat from Corbin. The riders seat takes some breaking in and once it is broken in, it feels like it was made for me. Probably took 500 miles or so of riding to get broke in. The difference from the stock seat is unreal, I mean totally unreal. I also have the back rest with the glove box. Only time I put it on is when I really want my passenger to be super comfy. Would not believe how many ladies have told me that my Busa is more comfortable than a big Harley. I have one of those too! I can only thank you Corbin folks for that. If i ever sell this Busa, I will keep the Corbin seats for my next Busa. I will never own a Busa without Corbin seats on it!
awesome dude, but the bags would look and work a hellava lot better than those soft ones
wink.gif

(pepper13 @ Mar. 21 2007,10:52)
(Shanling @ Mar. 21 2007,12:38) I have both the riders and passenger's seat from Corbin. The riders seat takes some breaking in and once it is broken in, it feels like it was made for me. Probably took 500 miles or so of riding to get broke in. The difference from the stock seat is unreal, I mean totally unreal. I also have the back rest with the glove box. Only time I put it on is when I really want my passenger to be super comfy. Would not believe how many ladies have told me that my Busa is more comfortable than a big Harley. I have one of those too! I can only thank you Corbin folks for that. If i ever sell this Busa, I will keep the Corbin seats for my next Busa. I will never own a Busa without Corbin seats on it!
awesome dude, but the bags would look and work a hellava lot better than those soft ones
wink.gif
Those soft ones can be put on with no additional hardware in less than 5 minutes easy! They can be taken off even faster and hand carried into a hotel room if I am on the road. Your bags would take a lot longer to get on/off and when they are off, the mounting brackets remain behind unless one want to go to a whole lot of hassle removing them. My soft bags were purchased for way under $100.00 and your hard ones are in the area of $1500.00! I looked into your hard bags but the price and hassle with on/off quickly steered me in another direction. The only time my bags are on the bike is if I am going on a trip on it. Most don't like the look of bags on a sportbike but for a roadtrip, you have to have them. Oh, and your bags put together don't have as much capacity as one of my bags. Like I said, you have great seats though!

DSC_8193.JPG

I have Corbin on my Busa and I love it. Best touring seat I ever sat on. But only with helibars. without them I prefer Suzuki gel.I tried tobin on my Busa and I don`t like it. I tried Corbin on TL1000R and I absolutely hate it. I`m 5.11 and 230Lb. For smaller riders tobin could be more comfortable.
I love almost everything about Corbin products but price. $1500 for a set of bags?

Price is the biggest thing that stopped me from getting Corbins.

Not trying to get Corbin to lower their prices. I personally like the looks of the beetle bags, and the back rests. But just out of my price range.

I opted for soft saddle bags and a soft bag that mounts on the rear seat in between the two saddle bags. as someone else mentioned it was a lot cheaper AND you have the benafit of being able to easily take them off and into a hotel room.

That in itself is not a show stopper, if I had the beetle bags they are secured, really dont have to worry about anyone stealing them off the bike, and for travling, just use bags that fit inside of the beetle bags, unlock, pull the bags out and to your room

So for me, price was the main show stopper..

I ride my Busa as a tourer. Some of you like the Busa for riding fast in a straight line. Some like it for looking cool with neon. Some like the sport capability of the bike. It is amazing how versitile the Busa is!! This bike is the best of all worlds. Congrats Suzuki!!

I have been a Corbin guy for many years. The beetle bags are the right choice for me and the Busa. They are stylish and match the lines of the Busa fuggin perfectly. They hold all my wife's belongings on long trips.

I just wish they would come on and off more easily, like luggage. Maybe put some wheels in the end of those thing and an extending handle in the other end and you got your self some rolling luggage?

Basically, I have Corbin everything on by bike. My wife loves the back seat. A "ride in" custom with the non slip material on the top. Keeps her from sliding forward all the time. A common problem with most newer sportbikes. Corbin also customized my front seat so it wasn't the tractor seat it was when I bought it.

bluegrab.gif

IMG_6230email.jpg

I like the look of the beetle bags. Just not for me. The smuggler looks ok. Most of us just modded our humps with quick connectors on the bottom. Thanks for r&d for us.
beerchug.gif

I know that a few of you are taken aback by the price, but you must realize that these bags are a high qaulity american made prouduct. the paint alone is show qaulity and as most of us know that doesn't come cheap. lets face it we all take great pride in customizing our bikes and making them our own. There are always shortcuts and cheaper products but more often than not a cheaper product is just that a "cheap"er product. All of the products at Corbin from our seats to our fiberglass are handcrafted with the highest qaulity materials and they are made with three things in mind. To work good for the customer to look good and to last.

(pepper13 @ Mar. 22 2007,07:47) I know that a few of you are taken aback by the price, but you must realize that these bags are a high qaulity american made prouduct. the paint alone is show qaulity and as most of us know that doesn't come cheap. lets face it we all take great pride in customizing our bikes and making them our own. There are always shortcuts and cheaper products but more often than not a cheaper product is just that a "cheap"er product. All of the products at Corbin from our seats to our fiberglass are handcrafted with the highest qaulity materials and they are made with three things in mind. To work good for the customer to look good and to last.
Pepper -

I in no way meant any offence nor did I try to say Corbin should sell them cheaper..

I guess the best analogy that I can offer is with my life style and my income. While I would LOVE to own a Dodge Viper, I can only afford a Camaro

And while I would love to own a 1 Ton Dodge diesel 4 wheel drive truck, lifted with all the bells and whistles, I can only afford a Dodge Hemi stock.

So again please understand. I know the product is good quality, and I have no doubt whatsoever it is well worth the price. I was just stating that for me personally just not in my budget.

Oh plus, for me I have an aftermarket undertail, no side blinkers, no exhaust pipes. so not sure how it would look on my bike sine the bags have cut outs for pipes and the stock blinkers which I do not have...

(pepper13 @ Mar. 22 2007,05:47) I know that a few of you are taken aback by the price, but you must realize that these bags are a high qaulity american made prouduct. the paint alone is show qaulity and as most of us know that doesn't come cheap. lets face it we all take great pride in customizing our bikes and making them our own. There are always shortcuts and cheaper products but more often than not a cheaper product is just that a "cheap"er product. All of the products at Corbin from our seats to our fiberglass are handcrafted with the highest qaulity materials and they are made with three things in mind. To work good for the customer to look good and to last.
You asked for opinions and you got them. When they came back and were not applauding your product, you threw a sales pitch back at us. We are the consumer and if you want honesty, we will give it to you. If you don't want honesty, don't ask us. It wasn't that I could not afford your bags, it was simply that your bags do not fit the need. I am a Marketing guy and have a nice six figure income, I own suits that cost triple your bags' cost. When i do a road trip, my destination is an area that I plan on doing some riding in. So when I get there, I look forward to getting the bags off and the wonderful clean look of the Busa. Your bags don't come off easy and when off, there is still visible hardware on the bike. I don't think that bikes with your bags look bad by any means but I don't think that your bags make the bike look better. Bags serve a function and that is to enable us to take more crap with us where ever we are going. Also, I think it's great that you believe in your product. I want my sales team to be the same way but when I search out imperical data, I never refute that data.

Like I said, you got the best seats out there IMO.

It would look sort of like this (without the blinkers). I'm in the process of getting these setup and soon will be painted, excuse the work-in-progress shots
all_coholic.gif

bags_rear.jpg

(Shanling @ Mar. 22 2007,08:01)
(pepper13 @ Mar. 22 2007,05:47) I know that a few of you are taken aback by the price, but you must realize that these bags are a high qaulity american made prouduct. the paint alone is show qaulity and as most of us know that doesn't come cheap. lets face it we all take great pride in customizing our bikes and making them our own. There are always shortcuts and cheaper products but more often than not a cheaper product is just that a "cheap"er product. All of the products at Corbin from our seats to our fiberglass are handcrafted with the highest qaulity materials and they are made with three things in mind. To work good for the customer to look good and to last.
You asked for opinions and you got them. When they came back and were not applauding your product, you threw a sales pitch back at us. We are the consumer and if you want honesty, we will give it to you. If you don't want honesty, don't ask us. It wasn't that I could not afford your bags, it was simply that your bags do not fit the need. I am a Marketing guy and have a nice six figure income, I own suits that cost triple your bags' cost. When i do a road trip, my destination is an area that I plan on doing some riding in. So when I get there, I look forward to getting the bags off and the wonderful clean look of the Busa. Your bags don't come off easy and when off, there is still visible hardware on the bike. I don't think that bikes with your bags look bad by any means but I don't think that your bags make the bike look better. Bags serve a function and that is to enable us to take more crap with us where ever we are going. Also, I think it's great that you believe in your product. I want my sales team to be the same way but when I search out imperical data, I never refute that data.

Good reply Shanling.. totally missed the part of using them to get to a destination that removing them to leave in a hotel room.

Very Valid point. that is exactly what I do and have done with my soft saddle bags. never thought about the hassle of trying to get off the hard bags or what the hardware left would look like with the bags removed..

Good point..

I have never seen the bags or mounting up close, but from the sounds of it, maybe if they made the mounting hardware less noticeable, and made a locking mechanism with key that would unlock the bags easily that would enhance their product.

also, in reference to my issue with the blinkers and exhaust pipes. maybe those areas they could make shell components that could be replaced in those areas, have one shell for cutouts for blinkers, and another where you could un snap the blinker cut outs and snap in a shell piece that did not have the cutouts and the same for the exhaust pipes.

My biggest complaint is the mounting hardware. I had to customize it to fit. I don't like not being able to take the bags off easily either.
Making bags without blinker cutouts would be nice too.

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 22 2007,08:14)
(Shanling @ Mar. 22 2007,08:01)

Good reply Shanling.. totally missed the part of using them to get to a destination that removing them to leave in a hotel room.

Very Valid point. that is exactly what I do and have done with my soft saddle bags. never thought about the hassle of trying to get off the hard bags or what the hardware left would look like with the bags removed..

Good point..

I have never seen the bags or mounting up close, but from the sounds of it, maybe if they made the mounting hardware less noticeable, and made a locking mechanism with key that would unlock the bags easily that would enhance their product.

also, in reference to my issue with the blinkers and exhaust pipes. maybe those areas they could make shell components that could be replaced in those areas, have one shell for cutouts for blinkers, and another where you could un snap the blinker cut outs and snap in a shell piece that did not have the cutouts and the same for the exhaust pipes.
Hey Guys In no way was I trying to offend anyone,or was I offended, to get your your honest opinions is why I brought this thread up. And I personnally know about cash restriction. I was only trying to explain some of the reasons behind the high end pricing of the bags, I am trying to find ways to make our products better for you, I didn't mean to sound like I was coming off with a sales pitch
biggrin.gif

Back