Busa Horn

celticBandit

Registered
My horn is on the way out. It's starting to sound a bit weird. Tried to clean it but no good.

Question is, I can get a GSRX1000 horn on ebay locally for €7. Are the Busa and Gsxr horns the same item?
I know Suzuki re-uses a lot of stuff on many models.

If you can find one over there. Replace your horn with a wolo air horn. 139dB. Mounts in stock location (have to bend the bracket a little) and plugs into stock harness.

Don

Better question is have you checked to make sure the power at the terminals for your horn are correct? May not be your horn thats bad! Could be another component of your electrical system for the horn. IF it checks out at the proper voltage then you should be able to wire in almost any other Suzuki motorcycle horn to the system!

Yep, I took it off and wired a 12V battery to it and the horn was still bad. It's definitely the horn. Thanks for the reply

(celticBandit @ Sep. 18 2007,10:50) Yep, I took it off and wired a 12V battery to it and the horn was still bad. It's definitely the horn. Thanks for the reply
Glad you got it narrowed down.... Let us know which horn you end up installing?

(celticBandit @ Sep. 26 2007,03:59) Update: I installed the Gixxer Thou horn and it works well on the Busa. Looks to be an identical item.

Thanks
Tony
Thats good news.... Did you have to run a seperate relay for this or did you use the factory harness untouched?

Back