Busa gets huge compliment

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
Daughter's 22nd birthday yesterday, and I'm taking her to dinner at 7. As usual, I'm late so I meet up with her and her whole office staff at a local dive named Art's. Pick a night, if the weather is even half way decent there will be no less than twenty harleys in the parking lot at Art's, the rest will be trucks of the trades. I take my last deep breath of fresh air and swing open the door..the usual wall of smoke hits me like a 7 foot wave. They're not hard to find, these are some of the wildist females I've ever seen (except for MY little girl) slammin' beers and whippin' the boys at pool. I grab a bud and pull up a stool to watch the action. On the next table over, there are 6 guys from Nashville in town working on some project, all sporting various articles of harley advertisement.  Soon, the chatter turns to bikes, and my daughter proceeds to tell the boys about her old man's bike and how it will beat any harley at anything on any day. I brace for the typical response and to my suprize, the biggest, badist harley guys says.....The busa is a damn fine machine, I want one. What? They pretty much all tell me about how the busa is not viewed as a jap bike, but that most harley riders put the mighty busa in a class by it's self. Much like the harley, the busa's "cult following" is different then the other bikes....of any type. they also tell me that even at Sturgis, a busa is one of the few bikes welcome to park with the harleys, generally no one will cause a fuss. They actually wanted me to go get it.... I was blown away by the comments made. Once again, proving our busa's are living legends.......as if we need to be told!!!
wink.gif

Thats cool man. I've get the same response from co-workers who ride Hardleys when we talk about bikes.

Thats awesome!  I've had a few situations similar to that too.  It totally surprises me when a Harley guy will do the bike wave to me..... The Busa really is like having its own class.  
cool.gif
 Before this bike, i was a Harley guy myself (though not die hard as many  
tounge.gif
 hehe).  And honestly the Busa was really the only bike that would bring me back to the sportbike world.  
wink.gif

bowdown.gif
cool.gif
egitarre77.gif
super.gif

I agree, the BUSA gets much respect here in Columbus, GA.

Great story Jerry.
beerchug.gif
It gives an opening for me to tell one of mine again.

I bought mine from Pop Roos in Illinois during a week vacation in Des Moines IA (the Knoxville nationals) Aug 05. On my first day to really ride it, the wife and I stopped at Zook’s Harley in Des Moines. She was used to getting attention being a“chick riding her own bikeâ€. An older (than me anyhow) hard core looking tattered biker came walking over, and passed right by her to look at my bike. I’m think he is going to want me to park across the street. He said he was impressed with the Busas even though he didn’t care for jap bikes and complemented me on mine. We talked about it a few minutes. The wife was hurt, he didn’t even acknowledge her or her bike. A bit later We stopped for fuel and a guy stops his car as he is leaving to ask me about it. She was really starting to fell ignored.

The best was the next night was leaving the Knoxville Nationals riding out through the traffic. At the light new the grandstands there was likely a thousand people around. Tons of bikers and bikes parked in that area, a bar with bikes across the street. I start hearing yelling. What are they coming to burn my bike in the streets…. What are they saying? A fairly good size group was chanting “BUSA BUSA BUSA†and it was getting louder and louder. The wife shook her head in disgust! :
argue.gif

I keep telling her if she would start riding a busa, she would get back the attention, but she still wants a Harley!
biggrin.gif

Most of the poop talking i get is from the other sportbike guys, maybe they feel threatened?
laugh.gif

a local here recently got a busa (and is adding nitro)
i never even knew him, as he was in the harley crowd, the same crowd that runs their mouths about sporties.
anyway he's got the guts to admit that he used to make fun of me and my crotch rockets. now were cool, ive met friends of his, and im practically a society guy now!
beerchug.gif

Nice story. I just changed jobs and My boss rides a real nice Road King Classic. When he found out I ride a Hayabusa he was blown away. He talks bikes with me everytime we have a chance to. He always has alot of questions about the performance of the bike and I told him when the weather gets warmer, he will have to take my busa for a ride. He couldn't believe I would let him ride the busa. Even though he has ridden most of his life, he said he may not be able to ride it because he is somewhat scared of it. I explained that the busa can be a very docile if you ride it easy. Now he is always talking about when he will get to check it out. He also told me that although it's not a busa, I'll like the way his Road King rides when we switch!
biggrin.gif

I have to say Busa is king. I have co-workers who come over to my cube at least once a week to drool, because I have a picture of my bike on my computer desktop. They always have questions about it and want to know when I'm going to ride it to work. Since were in the middle of winter here, I told them to look for it in April some time. I have this feeling that soon as I ride it in they will be in the parking lot for break time and lunch admiring.

bowdown.gif

Smbusa.jpeg

allways the king, everwhere it goes. even in a crowd of kawi's the busa will be respected.

Love the stories!

Only a small hand full of people know about the king where I work.

Much more recently….. a co-worker that came to my cubicle and noticed this framed (pseudo) pencil drawing I have. (Captain is quite the artist) She asked about the kanji and what kind of bike it was and was interested in seeing a picture. She was back a couple of days later. She had told her husband about it. He said he has wanted one for a long time and would buy one in a second if she would ride on the back. I think the drawing and picture scared her enough that they will be on the Gold Wing for some time!

professor_pencil3.jpg

Back