Bullet Camera + Mount

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Just picked up a used JVC GR-D290U MiniDV to start recording some of my rides. I would rather not go with a tank mount system as I have a dark screen and don't want to buy another just to film. I am looking for a bullet lens and mount that will "plug and play" with this camera. I found this http://www.chasecam.com/bulletcam.htm but hits the pocket book a little hard. I do like the idea (i think) of the suction mount so I can place it on the fairing or helmet.

Any low cost solutions or ideas out there?

Thanks.

I can get the lipstick cams from 129 to over 300 depending on what all you want. I have a used one I can let go for around 100 if you like. It can either be hard wired to power or run off a 9 volt battery.

Let me know.

Josh

Their prices are way too high. I pay $50 for 420 scan line bullets and they want $175 for 380. I'm looking for higher resolution bullets than I ran this year, but I may just stick with the 420 scan lines for one more year since I still have a few of them laying around. You should be able to find 520 scan line bullet cams in the $150 range fairly easily.

Make sure that your camcorder has the correct input connections. I have 2 digital camcorders at the house that I don't use anymore because they do not accept AV in, which most bullets cams are using.

Back