camera mounts?

you can use your camera but the quality will be less than if you used a video camera

im not looking for a video camera right now, and i've recorded several videos going down the road with a home made mount i had for my old cruiser. i know its not the best, but until i get around to buying one, i just want to know it will work.:beerchug:

The image depends on the quality of the camera and the video level your camera records video at.

I've had great results with my cameras video function and I had the same idea as you, but visually most compact digital camera do not have a wide enough field of view to show much action and because of that narrow depth of field as compared to the dedicated video units they also show much more shake.

If that's a standard mounting hole in the camera, it will fit on a RAM mount....and you'll have the mounts you need when you upgrade...

I tried exactly what you are wanting to do and the end product was far from desireable. Way to much chatter on the screen.

The best set up I have found is the use of a bullet or helmet camera attached to a recording devise. I use the original "Helmet Camera" attached to a digital mini dvd camera which I carry in a fanny pack. The quality is 480X720. I can then convert the footage into great home dvd's for viewing on the tv set and the quality is very good.

The secret to good quality viewing is recording at 480X720. 480X720 is the best your editing program will produce so there is no reason to spend piles of cash on higher quality recording when the editing program will not recognize the better quality. Now, if you want to spend $2500+ on professional editing software, then better quality recording would be a must.

Ok then. What kind of camera should I look into for long term bike use? Its all it will be used for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back