Built turbo bike with no intercooler ?

I run10 psi and made 291 on my set up, no intercooler. It was heat soaked and on a hot day too. It would make 300 I think.

I run 94 octane and run a stage 1 turbo but mods of my own as well on my setup.

If I go to the track, I'll put c16 in just as a precaution although it isn't needed.

I run10 psi and made 291 on my set up, no intercooler. It was heat soaked and on a hot day too. It would make 300 I think.

I run 94 octane and run a stage 1 turbo but mods of my own as well on my setup.

If I go to the track, I'll put c16 in just as a precaution although it isn't needed.

Sounds like a beast ! What size turbo you running ? Ported head, cams, fuel system ?

E85.. boost ...and a sub 5 gallon Gas tank would suck so much. .. talk about planning your rides pump to pump. Lol

E85.. boost ...and a sub 5 gallon Gas tank would suck so much. .. talk about planning your rides pump to pump. Lol

Shoot no kidding. I have a 10 gallon fuel cell in one of my e85 cars and I can burn through a half a tank just from racing. Then there the drive there and back.

Sounds like a beast ! What size turbo you running ? Ported head, cams, fuel system ?

It's a Garrett T4E 50 trim (good for 450 wheel)

Head is stock. I put a spacer plate and gasket with arp studs/nuts and an APE adjustable cam gear. Stock bottom end still.

Bosh pump and different fuel lines ..

Can look at my thread of my build with custom exhaust if you like.

It's a Garrett T4E 50 trim (good for 450 wheel)

Head is stock. I put a spacer plate and gasket with arp studs/nuts and an APE adjustable cam gear. Stock bottom end still.

Bosh pump and different fuel lines ..

Can look at my thread of my build with custom exhaust if you like.

Bad @ss. Wish I had e85 by me, I'll check out your thread.... Not sure how my precision stacks up against your garret. I gotta look up the specs on mine

SS - My bike is also NOT intercooled (yet) :D

I also have a Precision turbo. 62mm billet wheel here :D

I am looking into E85 conversion because I want to run more boost on the street daily riding without adding the weight / complexity / expense of an Ultra right now.

Plus, I want to do my part to help the environment and support American corn farmers :rofl:

There is a pump 5 minutes from me that sells E85 and a huge ethanol plant down the way that sells E98 by the barrel so getting the stuff is not an issue. :D

The only issue will be limited range since MPG will def go down on E85. My stand-alone supports a 89 or 93 octane / E85 blend map so I will be able to run on whatever if I get caught out away from an E85 pump. Just have to remember to turn off the boost controller and just run on spring if I have to fill up on gas for some reason. May be a bit "inconvenient" but I don't ride a turbo busa for convenience :laugh:

I figure if I can go just as fast as an intercooled bike without adding weight and still pay about same price per gal as gas ... then why wouldn't I switch to E85?

I know you were saying that you have all the power you need, but I'm telling you bro, there WILL come a day when you will want moar powah!!! :laugh:

Holy sh!t 62mm! How's the lag ? What kinda power you laying down?
SS - My bike is also NOT intercooled (yet) :D

I also have a Precision turbo. 62mm billet wheel here :D

I am looking into E85 conversion because I want to run more boost on the street daily riding without adding the weight / complexity / expense of an Ultra right now.

Plus, I want to do my part to help the environment and support American corn farmers :rofl:

There is a pump 5 minutes from me that sells E85 and a huge ethanol plant down the way that sells E98 by the barrel so getting the stuff is not an issue. :D

The only issue will be limited range since MPG will def go down on E85. My stand-alone supports a 89 or 93 octane / E85 blend map so I will be able to run on whatever if I get caught out away from an E85 pump. Just have to remember to turn off the boost controller and just run on spring if I have to fill up on gas for some reason. May be a bit "inconvenient" but I don't ride a turbo busa for convenience :laugh:

I figure if I can go just as fast as an intercooled bike without adding weight and still pay about same price per gal as gas ... then why wouldn't I switch to E85?

I know you were saying that you have all the power you need, but I'm telling you bro, there WILL come a day when you will want moar powah!!! :laugh:

Holy f*ck went for a quick spin yesterday and gently rolled into throttle, felt like I was riding a missile ! These things really are amazing machines, didn't expect it to catepault the way it did.. & I had a couple 1k+ rwhp cars in the past, no comparison in feeling to this thing

Doing 90 in 3rd gear and hitting the throttle and feeling the tire spin like its on water is priceless. Except the skidmark in your drawers.

Holy f*ck went for a quick spin yesterday and gently rolled into throttle, felt like I was riding a missile ! These things really are amazing machines, didn't expect it to catepault the way it did.. & I had a couple 1k+ rwhp cars in the past, no comparison in feeling to this thing
lol yea a 1000 rwhp car wudnt even scratch the surface of wat a well built Turbo Bike will do. feels like my arms are being ripped out of my sockets every time I go WOT.

I can remember breaking the tire loose at a 100 mph and thinking that my tranny was slipping.... nope lol

Yeah spinning the tire at speed is definitely a new experience for me, cracked it at about 5500 in 2nd & thought something broke like the jackshaft or sprocket or something. The bike just stayed dead straight and free reved like it was in neutral. Defiantly must be an unsettling feeling to light up the tire at higher speeds

Back