Intercooler Options?

Road Weazel

Registered
It has been suggested to me that I will need an intercooler on my Turbo Hayabusa if I plan to run at the Mojave Mile or Texas Mile. I need to NOT blow up my engine but at the same time I am having a hard time accepting the costs of the purpose-built Hayabusa intercoolers. I don't plan on making a career out of running wide open for a mile. This is a streetbike that I plan to run once or twice on the Mile.
My '99 has a Hahn Turbo running about 10 PSI, port fuelers, water injection and stock compression. I see that RPM has an air to air for $1200 that appears to mount in front of the stock radiator. Someone else had one similar for $1350. I can't afford the Super Plenum for $2300.
I like the air to air that is also the plenum but I don't see them for sale anywhere. What are my other options?
Thanx!
Weazel

How much boost do you want ?
C16 and what you have will be fine if its all working and tuned properly ,

i have done a few undertank air/air coolers, they have there good and bad points, if you know someone that can fabricate stuff the core is readily available , adapt it to your current plenum ,

Thanx for the input. I'll research the C16 some more and see if I can't get some dyno time and develop a tune for it. I suppose I could always turn the boost down a little before running. They're gonna make me start at the bottom and run 150ish or so to start and I'll have to move up in the classes before running 200.
Thanx for the tips!
Weazel

if your setup works fine one the street with regular gas, then switchin to c16 for the race is all you need to do to be safe. Just don't get greddy with the boost. Leave everything alone.

I have not been able to find on the Internet, where they can buy the core for wather / air intercooler?
Can some recommendations for Hayabusa plenum?
Thank you.

Back